China accuses India of using firearms during border clash
Chinese military in an official statement said, “Indian troops illegally trespassed the Line of Actual Control (LAC) via southern bank of Pangong Tso Lake on the western section of the China-India border on September 7”.
Senior Colonel Zhang Shuili, spokesperson for the Western Theater Command of the PLA said that the Chinese forces in response to Indian troops’ gunshots were forced to take countermeasures to control and stabilize the situation.
Zhang pointed out that India’s move is a grave military provocation of very bad nature. “The flagrant act grossly violated the agreements previously reached between the two sides, and further escalated regional tensions, which can easily lead to misunderstandings and misjudgments.”
”We demand the Indian side to immediately stop dangerous actions, withdraw cross-line troops right away, strictly restrain its frontline troops, earnestly investigate and punish the personnel who fired shots, and guarantee against the occurrence of similar incidents,” Zhang urged.
In the end, Zhang stressed that the troops under the PLA Western Theater Command will firmly perform their missions and resolutely safeguard China's territorial sovereignty.
On the other hand, India has rejected Chinese allegations and accused PLA of firing gunshots in the air during the clash at the disputed Himalayan border.
“It is the PLA that has been blatantly violating agreements and carrying out aggressive manoeuvres, while engagement at military, diplomatic and political level is in progress,” the Indian army said in a statement.
China and India are in agreement of not using weapons at the LAC since long but the deal failed to prevent causalities at the border.
In June this year, troops of both sides engaged in fist fight when at least 20 Indian soldiers were killed.