Traffic plan for Pakistan-Sri Lanka T20I series announced
All the three T20Is will be played on October 5, 7 and 9 at the Gaddafi Stadium.
According to City Traffic Police Lahore, alternate routes and parking arrangements for cars/bikes/vehicles have been made for the convenience of the match spectators and also for avoiding traffic jams for general public.
According to the plan, the traffic will run as usual on Mall Road, Jail Road, and MM Alam Road.
1. Canal Road will remain open for all kind of traffic.
2. Commuters from Firdous Market can move towards Hussain Chowk, M.M Alam Road, Mini Market towards Main Boulevard & Siddique Center.
3. Commuters can move towards Firdous Market via Kalma Chowk & Barkat Market via Center Point.
4. Commuters from Fawara Chowk #01- Siddique Center can move towards from Jail Road towards Quratba Chowk.
5. Commuters may use Ferozpur Road via Wahdat Road.
6. Walton Road can be used for moving towards Cantt and Mughalpura from Kahna and Kot-Lakhpat.
Following are the parking areas:
• F. C College Parking
• Liberty Parking Area
• Punjab University Hostel Car Parking Area
• Jam-e-Shireen parking Area
• LDA Parking Area and Sunfort Hotel Parking area- Liberty
• Check the attached maps for locations.
1. Spectators coming from Mall Road, Mughalpura and Jail Road via Nehr towards FC College for parking.
2. Spectators coming from Mozang, Ichra and Wahdat Road via Shah Jamal for Parking at FC College
3 - Spectators coming from Kahna, Kot Lakhpat & Ferozpur Road will divert towards Qainchi Chowkà Walton Roadà Jinnah FLyoverà Firdous Marketà Hussain Chowk for Liberty Parking Area.
4. Spectators coming from Thokar Niaz Baig, Wapda Town, Garden Town, Township, Johar Town will divert towards Faisal TownàBarkat MarketàKalma Underpass for the area of Punjab University Hostel Car Parking.
5. Spectators coming from Cantt & Gulberg will divert to Sunfort Hotel towards LDA parking areas.
6. Spectators coming from Defense & Walton will divert towards Jinnah Flyoverà Firdous MarketàHussain Chowk for Liberty Parking Area.
7. Spectators coming from Zahoor Elahi Road, Main Market, Hali Road will park at the FC College Parking area located on Zahoor Elahi Road.
The police have imposed a restriction on the entry of rickshaws and vehicles with LPG cylinders in the parking spaces. The fans have been advised to keep their National Identification Card (NIC) at all times.