Elahi's advocate Amir Saeed will move the court against the decision.


Lahore: Chaudhry Parvez Elahi who had been de-notified from his position as chief minister of Punjab by Governor Punjab Baligh Ur Rehman, Friday rejected the notification and had decided to move the court.
While having a media talk on early Friday, Parvez Elahi stated, “I reject the de-notification and continue to be the Chief Minister of Punjab and the cabinet will keep functioning”.
Elahi's advocate Amir Saeed will move the court against the decision.
Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Punjab Raja Basharat had a meeting with Chaudhry early morning and discussed the legal possibilities before moving the court.
Rejected the notification issued by governor, senior vice-president of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) stated in a tweet that the notification to de-notify Chief Minister has no leagal status.
He added that, “Parvez Elahi and the provincial cabinet will continue to work and a reference will be sent to the President to dismiss the governor”.
گورنر پنجاب کا وزیر اعلیٰ کو ڈی نوٹیفیکیشن کرنے کے نوٹیفکیشن کی کوئ قانونی حیثئت نہیں، پرویز الہیٰ اور صوبائ کابینہ بدستور اپنے فرائض سر انجام دیتی رہے گی، گورنر کے خلاف ریفرینس صدر کو بھیجا جائیگا اور ان کو عہدے سے ہٹانے کی کاروائ کا آغاز کیا جا رہا ہے https://t.co/ieD3XtAVCv
— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) December 22, 2022
Governor de-notifies Pervez Elahi as CM
The governor Punjab had issued a de-notification order for Chaudhry Pervez Elahi as Chief Minister to dismiss him from his office, as he wrote to his official Twitter account, “Since CM has refrained from obtaining Vote of Confidence at the appointed day and time therefore he ceases to hold office. Orders issued this evening”. A copy of the notification was also shared.
Baligh Ur Rehman stated in the notification that Chief Minister had refrained from obtaining vote of confidence.
The notification further stated that: “I am satisfied that he does not command the confidence of the majority of the members of the Punjab Assembly and therefore ceases to hold his office with immediate effect”.
It was mentioned in the notification that Provincial Cabinet stands dissolved and asked Pervez Elahi to continue to hold office until his successor enters the office as Chief Minister.
Since CM has refrained from obtaining Vote of Confidence at the appointed day and time therefore he ceases to hold office. Orders issued this evening pic.twitter.com/ZWnK376DfP
— M Baligh Ur Rehman (@MBalighurRehman) December 22, 2022

Field Marshal Asim Munir meets Iranian Abbas Araghchi to discuss Iran-U.S. talks
- 2 days ago

Pakistan hopes to host next round of Iran-US Talks soon, says PM Shehbaz
- 13 hours ago

PM Shehbaz meets Zhejiang leadership, Punjab-Zhejiang sister province MoU signed
- a day ago

Deadly blast near Chaman railway crossing in Quetta kills 14, Including FC personnel
- 13 hours ago

PM Shehbaz leaves for China on four-day official visit
- 2 days ago

The worst kind of cancer suddenly isn’t so scary anymore
- 2 days ago

Field Marshal Asim Munir’s Iran visit highly productive, encouraging progress Achieved: ISPR
- a day ago

Democrats don’t need an autopsy to know what they did wrong
- a day ago

Security forces killed 11 indian backed militants during IBO in North Waziristan
- 9 hours ago

Pakistan will soon march alongside China on the path of regional development,says PM Shehbaz
- 13 hours ago

16 militants including two key commanders killed in successful security operation in Bannu
- 12 hours ago

Field Marshal Asim Munir meets Iranian President, parliament speaker to discuss Iran-U.S. talks
- 2 days ago






