The sessions judge has sought arguments on maintainability of the case and has adjourned the hearing till March 30.


Islamabad: The sessions court on Saturday cancelled arrest warrants issued earlier for Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan and adjourned further hearing till March 30.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Zafar Iqbal passed the order after Imran Khan reached outside the judicial complex for hearing of the case.
The judge allowed Imran Khan to leave after marking attendance in his car.
According to the reports, the court sought arguments on maintainbility of the case, observing that Imran Khan must appear on that day. The judge also remarked that what would be the situation woud be that day was a separate thing.
Earlier, Imran Khan hardly reached the judicial complex as his convoy faced huge hurdles in Islamabad. It took huge time to him to reach the courtroom.
Allowing Imran Khan to mark attendance in his car, the judge observed, "the judiciary wants peace and not conflict while sending attendance papers at the gate to mark attendance outside the judicial complex,” observed he court while taking up the matter.
The court also allowed Imran Khan to leave back to his home after the attendance.
The PTI Chief had reached the judicial complex to attend the hearing in Thoshakhana case.
Qafla of PTI Chairman @ImranKhanPTI near Judicial complex a while ago. #چلو_چلو_عمران_کے_ساتھ pic.twitter.com/2OKYBmJKlZ
— PTI (@PTIofficial) March 18, 2023
The latest reports said that the Islamabad police arrested Shibli Faraz and later left him at the gate of the judicial complex after the court directed the police let Shibli Faraz in.
“Let there be peace,” remarked the judge as the matter was brought into the notice of the court. The court was informed that it was not just Shibli Faraz as many other PTI leaders were arrested by the police.
The latest reports said that Imran Khan returend from outside the judicial complex after marking the attendance.
Earlier in the day, Punjab police launched operation in Zaman Park--the residence of Imran Khan--soon as he left for Islamabad to attend hearing of Thoshakhana case.
The police broke down the gate of Imran Khan's residence and entered into it. The footages showed that the police tortured the PTI workers and took over 20 workers into custody. The police also claimed to have recovered weapons from Zaman Park.
Reactions:
PTI Chief Imran Khan questioned the police operation inside Zaman Park, saying that under what law it was launched. He said that his wife Bushra Begum was alone at the residence.
He tweeted, "Meanwhile Punjab police have led an assault on my house in Zaman Park where Bushra Begum is alone. Under what law are they doing this? This is part of London Plan where commitments were made to bring absconder Nawaz Sharif to power as quid pro quo for agreeing to one appointment,".
Meanwhile Punjab police have led an assault on my house in Zaman Park where Bushra Begum is alone. Under what law are they doing this? This is part of London Plan where commitments were made to bring absconder Nawaz Sharif to power as quid pro quo for agreeing to one appointment.
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) March 18, 2023
In another tweet, Khan said, " It is also obvious now that the entire siege of Lahore was not about ensuring I appear before the court in a case but was intended to take me away to prison so that I am unable to lead our election campaign,".
It is also obvious now that the entire siege of Lahore was not about ensuring I appear before the court in a case but was intended to take me away to prison so that I am unable to lead our election campaign.
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) March 18, 2023
PTI President Chaudhary Pervaiz Elahi also strongy condemned the police operation in Zaman Park, saying that it was not justifiable. He said that Imran Khan was a national leader. The other PTI leaders including Fawad Chaudhary, Shireen Mazari and Hammad Azhar also termed it "terrorism".
Fawad Chaudhary said they would file contempt petition agianst IGP and others for violating court orders regarding operation in Zaman Park. He said that both sides had already agreed on the matter before the court and TORs were to be made but that agreement was violated.

Pakistan, Bangladesh vow to work for regional peace, stability
- 15 hours ago

How to un-Big Tech your online life
- 8 hours ago

Credit card theft, penis injections, and other weird scandals from the 2026 Olympic Games
- 6 hours ago
Karachi AC survives petrol bomb assault in Lea Market
- 15 hours ago

Is Grindr Dead?
- 6 hours ago
Ramazan moon sighted in Saudi Arabia, UAE; first fast tomorrow
- 16 hours ago

Trump’s biggest war is one he almost never talks about
- 6 hours ago
Australia, Ireland out of T20 World Cup as Zimbabwe qualify after washout
- 18 hours ago

Samsung ad confirms rumors of a useful S26 ‘privacy display’
- 8 hours ago

US and Iran begin nuclear talks in Geneva as threat of war looms, Khamenei warns Trump
- 20 hours ago
Tarique Rahman sworn in as Bangladesh’s PM after landslide election victory
- 20 hours ago

How the left taught the right to hate white women
- 6 hours ago










