Nadia Jamil regrets co-actors’ behavior over child abuse case
She further said that everyone understands the severity of the situation, but they do not understand how much power they have to change the society.


Lahore: Pakistan's senior actress and social worker Nadia Jamil revealed that after the incident of violence against a 14-year-old maid in Islamabad, she contacted several co-actors to share a video to condemn the incident, however, so far she has not received video from anyone except Sajal Aly.
After the tragic incident, Nadia Jameel became very active on Twitter and raised her voice against children abuse.
The actress had a live session with Supreme Court lawyer Khadija Siddiqui about the issue, in which she expressed regret for Pakistani actors.
Nadia Jamil exemplified Hollywood actors Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Ruffalo saying that these are also actors who speak for the betterment of society because they know that they have millions of followers and their voice will have a positive impact.
The actress said: “I do not have millions of followers because I am not a big celebrity, I had to continuously beg my fellow actors and famous personalities of Pakistan to record and send me just one line video against child abuse”.
She continued to say that she respects and loves all these people from the core of her heart, but when she gets the response like ‘We don't look good in this video,’ she said: “I wonder, how can I explain that it's not about you. It’s about protecting these children”.
The social worker added that these actors have millions and millions of followers on social media, if they only say that domestic violence against children is wrong, then millions of people will listen to them.
Nadia praised actress Sajal Aly stating that she is the only one, who sent me the video immediately for which I am grateful to her from the bottom of my heart.
She further said that everyone understands the severity of the situation, they are not innocent but they do not understand how much power they have to change the society.
The senior actress mentioned the names of Mahira Khan, Wahaj Ali, Adnan Siddiqui, Humayun Saeed and Fawad Khan and said, “These people promised to send the video but I am still waiting for their reply”.
She said: “I have sent a long voice note to Hamza Ali Abbasi on WhatsApp, hope he will listen to my message”.
These are all people whom I have personally sent messages to, I know these people are good-hearted, but I am still waiting for a video recording, she added.
Child Abuse Case:
It is pertinent to note that earlier on July 25, the worst incident of violence was reported with a 13-year-old domestic worker Rizwana from Sargodha, who was working at the residence of a civil judge in Islamabad.
According to First Information Report (FIR), the father of the victim said that the civil judge and his wife used to torture the girl severely.
Apart from visible injuries on her head, there were also injuries on her face, arms and legs. Her tooth was broken, her lips were injured and the eyes were swollen.
The victim girl said that the judge's wife used to beat her daily with a stick and a spoon and did not give her dinner. However, no arrests have been made in this incident so far.
Rizwana, a domestic worker victim of violence, has been undergoing treatment at the Lahore General Hospital for six days, whose condition is critical and the doctors have declared 48 hours as important for the girl.
X briefly hit by ‘international outages’: monitors
- 3 hours ago

Good Luck, Have Fun, Don’t Die is a rollicking parable about this moment in tech
- 19 hours ago

PM invites Austrian businesses to expand investments in Pakistan
- 4 hours ago

Westminster Int'l School Bahria Campus concludes Phoenix Fest & Mavericks 2026 in grand style
- 7 hours ago

High voltage clash: India defeat pakistan by 61 Runs, qualify for Super Eight
- a day ago
Field Marshal Asim Munir vows to deepen Pak-UAE partnership
- 7 hours ago

Gold prices plunge in Pakistan, global markets
- 8 hours ago
Multan hosts All Pakistan Long Range Shooting Championship
- 8 hours ago
Blast near Bannu police station leaves two dead, 17 wounded
- 8 hours ago
FinMin claims losses of SOEs plummet by around Rs74b in three years
- 8 hours ago
PMD forecasts rain wind with thunderstorm in Balochistan, KP
- 4 hours ago
England survive Italy scare to reach T20 World Cup Super Eights
- 2 hours ago




