Bulls guard Coby White will miss at least two more weeks, including Wednesday's regular-season opener against the Pistons, as he continues to ramp up basketball activities following a right calf strain, the team announced Monday.

Published 10 months ago on Oct 22nd 2025, 6:00 am
By Web Desk

Chicago Bulls guard Coby White will miss at least two more weeks, including Wednesday's regular-season opener against the Detroit Pistons, as he continues to ramp up basketball activities following a right calf strain, the team announced Monday.
White has missed all of the preseason after injuring his calf during an offseason workout in August, but he practiced this past Saturday for the first time since the start of training camp. The team previously said they expected White to be ready for the start of the year, but White told reporters after practice over the weekend that he still needs to get his conditioning.
The team announced White will still continue on-court activities and that he is making progress in his ramp-up phase.
White, 25, has emerged as one of the team's most reliable offensive players over the past two seasons since becoming a fixture in the starting backcourt. He averaged a career-high 20.4 points with 4.5 assists on 45% shooting and 37% from 3 in 74 games last season.
White is also entering the final year of a three-year, $36 million contract and can become an unrestricted free agent this summer.
In his absence, the Bulls have started both Tre Jones and Ayo Dosunmu in the backcourt during the preseason.
White has missed all of the preseason after injuring his calf during an offseason workout in August, but he practiced this past Saturday for the first time since the start of training camp. The team previously said they expected White to be ready for the start of the year, but White told reporters after practice over the weekend that he still needs to get his conditioning.
The team announced White will still continue on-court activities and that he is making progress in his ramp-up phase.
White, 25, has emerged as one of the team's most reliable offensive players over the past two seasons since becoming a fixture in the starting backcourt. He averaged a career-high 20.4 points with 4.5 assists on 45% shooting and 37% from 3 in 74 games last season.
White is also entering the final year of a three-year, $36 million contract and can become an unrestricted free agent this summer.
In his absence, the Bulls have started both Tre Jones and Ayo Dosunmu in the backcourt during the preseason.

Samsung’s Galaxy Buds 3 Pro are almost half off today
- 4 hours ago

How the Supreme Court remade religious liberty in the Christian right’s image
- 2 hours ago

Pakistan, Congo sign MoU to boost defence cooperation
- 12 hours ago

The surprising way that America’s $40 trillion debt costs you
- 2 hours ago

Trump’s latest assault on public lands
- 2 hours ago

Amazon’s drones will soon deliver to nearly 500 US cities and towns
- 4 hours ago

Four arrested in raid on Lahore's passport office
- 17 hours ago

Cuba has plenty of doctors. So why is its healthcare system collapsing?
- 2 hours ago

Apple squashes EU beef with new App Store rules
- 4 hours ago
England rout Pakistan to go one up in Test series
- 12 hours ago

Why nonalcoholic wine is so expensive
- 2 hours ago

The women’s soccer league trying to fix fantasy sports
- 4 hours ago
You May Like
Trending





