The England Cricket Board (ECB) on Monday decided to cancel its tour to Pakistan days after New Zealand had pulled its team out at the last-minute ahead of its series due to "security" concerns.


England's men and women teams are due to play two Twenty20s in Rawalpindi on October 13 and 14. The women's team are also due to play three ODIs in Pakistan on October 17, 19, and 21.
The England Cricket Board in a tweet said the board had recluctantly decided to withdraw both teams from the October trip.
"We can confirm that the Board has reluctantly decided to withdraw both teams from the October trip."
— England Cricket (@englandcricket) September 20, 2021
?? #PAKvENG ???????
On the other hand, New Zealand are set to return to the sub-continent in November to play three Twenty20 Internationals and two Test matches in India, two months after abandoning their tour of Pakistan.
The ECB issued a detailed news statement which stated:
"The ECB has a longstanding commitment to tour Pakistan as part of the Men's Future Tours Programme in 2022.
"Earlier this year, we agreed to play two additional T20 World Cup warm-up games in Pakistan in October, adding a short women's tour with double headers alongside the men's games.
"The ECB Board convened this weekend to discuss these extra England Women's and Men's games in Pakistan and we can confirm that the Board has reluctantly decided to withdraw both teams from the October trip.
"The mental and physical well-being of our players and support staff remains our highest priority and this is even more critical given the times we are currently living in. We know there are increasing concerns about travelling to the region and believe that going ahead will add further pressure to a playing group who have already coped with a long period of operating in restricted Covid environments.
"We understand that this decision will be a significant disappointment to the PCB, who have worked tirelessly to host the return of international cricket in their country. Their support of English and Welsh cricket over the last two summers has been a huge demonstration of friendship. We are sincerely sorry for the impact this will have on cricket in Pakistan and emphasise an ongoing commitment to our main touring plans there for 2022."
"There is the added complexity for our Men's T20 squad. We believe that touring under these conditions will not be ideal preparation for the ICC Men's T20 World Cup, where performing well remains a top priority for 2021.
'Decision disappointed us'
Pakistan Cricket Board's chairman Ramiz Raja said the English Cricket Board had also disappointed us.
Disappointed with England, pulling out of their commitment & failing a member of their Cricket fraternity when it needed it most. Survive we will inshallah. A wake up call for Pak team to become the best team in the world for teams to line up to play them without making excuses.
— Ramiz Raja (@iramizraja) September 20, 2021
"Pakistan depesrately needs the revival of international cricket. The ECB's decision is sheer disappointment," he said in a tweet.
Supreme Court orders transfer of jailed ex-PM Imran Khan to Shifa Hospital for medical checkup
- 17 hours ago
Google’s Pixel Watch 5 dives deeper into AI and health
- an hour ago

DIG Elite Police Force Mehboob Lillah 'shown the door' in connection with Chung Training College's Rs200m embezzlement probe
- 8 hours ago

Hasan Piker isn’t retreating
- 14 hours ago

Star Wars: Ahsoka season 2 and Starfighter get teased at D23
- an hour ago
PM Shehbaz Sharif inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office
- 11 hours ago

Why scientists are using cheap picnic coolers to protect some of the world’s most endangered animals
- 14 hours ago
Basant Lahore 2027 dates announced
- 10 hours ago

Jaguar offers a first look inside the all-electric Type 01
- 16 hours ago

Why babies’ experiences matter (even if they can’t remember them)
- 14 hours ago
Saudi Arabia resumes oil loadings, sales from inside Strait of Hormuz
- 14 hours ago

OpenAI reportedly disbanded its preparedness team
- an hour ago






