- Home
- Technology
- News
YouTube to lift Trump ban if violence threat falls, says CEO
Washington DC: The head of the popular online video sharing platform, YouTube has said that former US president Donald Trump will be allowed back on platform but only when the threat of his inciting violence falls.

The company's CEO, Susan Wojcicki during a streamed Atlantic Council interview said, "We will lift the suspension of the Donald Trump channel when we determine that the risk of violence has decreased".
"It's pretty clear that right now where we stand, that there still is that elevated risk of violence," he added.
YouTube Chief further said that the company will look at government warnings and violent rhetoric to determine when it's safe to lift the suspension.
Earlier in January, YouTube claimed that Trump violated their incitement of violence policy and suspended Trump's channel, joining other social media platforms in banning his accounts following the Capitol Hill riot on January 06 that left five dead.
In the aftermath of the Capitol riot, social media companies including Twitter and Facebook banned Trump's accounts on their platforms.
Twitter's ban is permanent, while Facebook has sent the case to its independent oversight board to decide whether to lift the ban from Trump's accounts.
According to YouTube’s policies, if an account has three strikes in a three months period it will be terminated. The suspension of Trump's account, was because it gained a first strike.
Moreover, YouTube also indefinitely disabled comments under videos on the channel.
PSDF, SDA partner to boost skills and jobs for hearing-impaired youth
- 2 دن قبل
India's Padikkal hits unbeaten century in first Sri Lanka Test
- 2 دن قبل

Honor’s Robot Phone is better than a gimbal in a phone has any right to be
- ایک دن قبل

The Iran war’s mental toll on US sailors
- 2 دن قبل
Banned outfit linked to targeted killing of three Lahore cops
- 2 دن قبل

Microsoft’s Clippy-like Mico character is no longer the face of Copilot
- ایک دن قبل
Iran calls for release of pilots captured in Qatar during Middle East war
- 2 دن قبل

The fight over Flock and other ALPRs
- ایک دن قبل

2K launches new studio to build its ‘next blockbuster sports franchise’
- ایک دن قبل
'No meeting with PTI founder': KP CM rejects Rs6.4bn federal deduction
- 2 دن قبل

Probe into alleged abuse at Lahore's Ghaziabad PS reveals cop's new connection with beggars
- 2 دن قبل
Disney reveals Marvel's new 'X-Men' cast, 'Frozen 3' at D23 fan event
- 2 دن قبل




