The World Health Organization (WHO) has urged countries not to pause Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccinations, after a number of nations halted its use over blood clot fears.

As per details, several major EU member states including Germany, France, Italy and Spain halted their rollouts of the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab.
WHO stated there was no evidence of a link between the vaccine and blood clots.
Meanwhile, in a statement, AstraZeneca said there was no evidence of an increased risk of clotting due to the vaccine.
AstraZeneca further added that about 17 million people in the EU and the UK have received the dose of this vaccine, with fewer than 40 cases of blood clots reported.
WHO chief scientist, Soumya Swaminathan stated, “We do not want people to panic and we would, for the time being, recommend that countries continue vaccinating with AstraZeneca.”
“So far, we do not find an association between these events and the vaccine,”she added.
Moreover, the WHO's vaccine safety experts are meeting on Tuesday (today) to discuss the jab. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) will meet on the same day and draw conclusions on Thursday.
Earlier on Sunday, the health officials in Netherlands said that they had suspended the use of AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine for two weeks after possible side effects that were reported in Denmark and Norway.
The Dutch health ministry in Netherlands stated that no similar cases are currently known in the country but it advised people who had received the vaccine to contact their doctor if they experience any unexpected symptoms within three days.

Mohsin Naqvi appointed president of Asian Cricket Council: Sources
- 8 hours ago

Gold prices hit new peak at Rs325,500 per tola
- 7 hours ago

PSX hits record high following announcement of electricity tariff cuts
- 7 hours ago
PM Shehbaz announces Rs7.41 per unit electricity price cut
- 11 hours ago

Nazia Hassan: Celebrating legacy of a pop icon on her 60th birthday
- 8 hours ago

Trump’s tariffs stoke global trade war as China, EU hit back
- 9 hours ago
3-year-old dies after falling into open manhole in Karachi
- 12 hours ago
Hollywood star Jean-Claude Van Damme accused of having sex with five women: report
- 10 hours ago

Met Office forecasts Karachi's temperature rising up to 40°C this week
- 8 hours ago
Indian actress Shalini Pandey reveals dark side of film industry
- 12 hours ago
18-year-old dies from Congo virus in Quetta
- 8 hours ago
Former Pakistan test cricketer Farooq Hamid passes away
- 10 hours ago