The explosion happened in a crowded place

The Islamic State (IS) militant group on Friday claimed responsibility for a deadly blast in a Shi'ite residential area in Afghanistan's capital Kabul, the group said.
The Afghan police said at least eight people were killed and 18 wounded in the blast. The militant group said in a statement that 20 people were killed and injured in an attack launched in western Kabul.
"The explosion happened in a crowded place," said Khalid Zadran, the city's police spokesman.
Video shared on social media purportedly of the blast site showed men rushing to help the injured after the incident.
The hardline militant group has claimed recent attacks, mainly on the minority Shi'ite community.
The IS affiliate operating in Afghanistan since 2014 is seen as the country's most serious security challenge since the Taliban took control of the country in August last year.
SOURCE: REUTERS
Supreme Court orders transfer of jailed ex-PM Imran Khan to Shifa Hospital for medical checkup
- 16 hours ago

Jaguar offers a first look inside the all-electric Type 01
- 15 hours ago

Why babies’ experiences matter (even if they can’t remember them)
- 13 hours ago

OpenAI reportedly disbanded its preparedness team
- 24 minutes ago
Basant Lahore 2027 dates announced
- 9 hours ago
PM Shehbaz Sharif inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office
- 10 hours ago
Saudi Arabia resumes oil loadings, sales from inside Strait of Hormuz
- 13 hours ago

Hasan Piker isn’t retreating
- 13 hours ago

Star Wars: Ahsoka season 2 and Starfighter get teased at D23
- 24 minutes ago
Google’s Pixel Watch 5 dives deeper into AI and health
- 25 minutes ago

Why scientists are using cheap picnic coolers to protect some of the world’s most endangered animals
- 13 hours ago

DIG Elite Police Force Mehboob Lillah 'shown the door' in connection with Chung Training College's Rs200m embezzlement probe
- 8 hours ago






