Fawad Chaudhary’s sedition case: Police’ request for extension in physical remand rejected
The latest reports say that the PTI leader has been sent to the jail on judicial remand in the sedition case registered against him over charges of threatening the ECP, its members and their families.


Islamabad: A local court on Monday rejected the police’s request for extension in the physical remand of PTI leader Fawad Chaudhary and sent him to jail on judicial remand.
The latest reports said that the court also did not accept the bail plea of the PTI leader in the said case.
فواد چوہدری کا حوصلہ نہ ٹوٹ سکا ۔عمران خان اور تحریک انصاف کے ساتھ کھڑا ہوں ۔فواد چوہدری کی @Abbasshabbir72 سے گفتگو
— PTI (@PTIofficial) January 30, 2023
pic.twitter.com/g6k80sFSqG
Earlier in the day, the court summoned Fawad Chaudhary in the case.
Fawad Chaudhary was arrested last week from his residence in Lahore after he was booked in a case regarding charges of threatening to the ECP members and their families. The Islamabad police conducted the raid in the wee hours and took him to a local court to seek his transitory remand to produce him before the relevant judicial magistrate in Islamabad.
The court allowed his transitory remand and later the police took him to Islamabad from where they secured a two-physical remand of the PTI leader. Later, Fawad was sent to jail on judicial remand but the decision of the judicial magistrate was overturned and he was handed over the police for further two days’ physical remand.
The latest reports said that the police sought further extension in the physical remand of Fawad Chaudhary but the court turned down the request and sent him to the jail on the judicial remand.
The court put off further hearing till Tuesday (tomorrow).
In Lahore, PTI leader Musarrat Jamshed Cheema voiced raise for release of Fawad Chaudhary. She also thanked the lawyers for supporting the party's cause.
مرکزی رہنما پاکستان تحریک انصاف
— PTI (@PTIofficial) January 30, 2023
مسرت جمشید چیمہ کا
سینیئر PTI رہنما فواد چوہدری کی غیر قانونی حراست کے خلاف GPO چوک پر ( پارٹی قیادت) عوام، وکلاء اور سول سوسائٹی کے ہمراہ بھرپور احتجاج اور میڈیا سے گفتگو کرتے ہوئے۔#فواد_کو_رہا_کرو pic.twitter.com/dJbOHgzXcr

Naqvi briefs PM Shehbaz on security, others issues
- 10 hours ago

Yale’s new smart lock can match your Google Nest doorbell
- 2 hours ago

PSL X anthem ‘X Dekho’ unveiled
- 10 hours ago

US tariff hikes may slow global growth: Russian central bank
- 9 hours ago

Bueckers, Betts, Booker among Wooden finalists
- an hour ago

NBA play-in tournament 2025: Schedule, standings, format
- an hour ago

Google discontinues Nest Protect smoke alarm and Nest x Yale door lock
- 2 hours ago

Why has Cory Booker been talking for 19 straight hours (and counting)?
- a few seconds ago

Judge dismisses Samsung’s smart ring lawsuit against Oura
- 2 hours ago

What's going on with Rafael Devers? Putting his historic strikeout streak into context
- an hour ago

First Alert’s new smart smoke alarm is meant to be a Google Nest Protect replacement
- 2 hours ago

The self-defeating tragedy of the Trump tariffs
- a few seconds ago