Seven more suspects were also arrested during raids in difference areas of Karachi.


Karachi: The Karachi police Sunday arrested alleged suspected facilitator and seven others from different areas of city amid the investigation of Karachi Police Office (KPO) attack, reportedly.
Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Sindh Ghulam Nabi Memon said that a high-level committee had been formed to investigate the attack.
This committee comprises of officers from police department, crime investigation agency and counter terrorism department (CTD). It is reported that the alleged facilitator was arrested by the CTD officials from the Gulistan-e-Jauhar neighborhood between Saturday and Sunday night.
According to media reports, seven more suspects were also arrested during raids in difference areas of Karachi.
IG Sindh Police stated: “Two of three terrorists, who stormed into KPO, had been identified, but the identity of the suicide bomber had not yet been ascertained,” adding that we will expose the terrorist groups and facilitators behind this attack.
Last Friday, terrorists attacked the KPO wearing suicide jackets, carrying automatic weapons and grenades; they started firing which martyred four people.
The casualties included two policemen and a Rangers inspector, while 16 people received serious injuries, officials said, after which the forces took the charge of the building and killed the three militants, involved in this heinous attack.
National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) provided the data of suspects after police fenced the crime scene and collected evidence from the spot.
On the other hand, it is also reported that nine different teams, including the bomb disposal squads from the police and the military, completed the final search of spot and found several more items for evidence.
These items included a hand grenade, new pistols packed in plastic box with complete accessories, a pack of 9mm bullets, dagger, digital camera, smart phone, two watches and a men's wallet.
Fired and unfired bullets, grenade shrapnel’s, burnt-out fabric from suicide jacket, a burnt-out bag, a USB (universal serial bus) and a pistol holder were also seized by agencies during their search.

What's going on with Rafael Devers? Putting his historic strikeout streak into context
- 41 minutes ago

Judge dismisses Samsung’s smart ring lawsuit against Oura
- 2 hours ago

First Alert’s new smart smoke alarm is meant to be a Google Nest Protect replacement
- 2 hours ago

Yale’s new smart lock can match your Google Nest doorbell
- 2 hours ago

NBA play-in tournament 2025: Schedule, standings, format
- 41 minutes ago

Google discontinues Nest Protect smoke alarm and Nest x Yale door lock
- 2 hours ago

PSL X anthem ‘X Dekho’ unveiled
- 10 hours ago

From a famed Russian basketball academy to Provo, Egor Demin is dialed in
- 14 hours ago

Self-driving taxis coming to Dubai by 2026, says RTA
- 13 hours ago

Naqvi briefs PM Shehbaz on security, others issues
- 10 hours ago

Bueckers, Betts, Booker among Wooden finalists
- 41 minutes ago

US tariff hikes may slow global growth: Russian central bank
- 9 hours ago