A PTI supporter was killed during yesterday's rally in Lahore.


Lahore: Caretaker Chief Minister of Punjab Mohsin Raza Naqvi Thursday ordered an immediate investigation into the alleged death of a person in the riots during the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI)’s rallies in Lahore.
Mohsin Naqvi said that a complete, impartial and evidence-based inquiry should be conducted into the incident, and the requirements of justice under the law should be fulfilled.
He said that it was revealed from the closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage that the deceased person was dropped off at Services Hospital by a private vehicle.
It is pertinent to note that earlier on Wednesday, police and PTI activists came face to face in Zaman Park Lahore during PTI’s rally. The police used handcuffs, shelling and water cannon to stop the rally.
The windows of many vehicles were also broken in the crowd of police and workers. The workers also pelted stones on the police.
Police spokesperson said that PTI workers attacked the police officers with stones and sticks owing to which 11 police officers sustained the injuries.

US President Trump cancels visit to India
- 9 hours ago

Kobo replaces Pocket with Instapaper on its e-readers in a free update
- 3 hours ago

NCAA, Venmo partner on college athlete abuse
- 2 hours ago
KP to install panic buttons to combat harassment of women
- 14 hours ago

Karachi imposes complete ban on heavy traffic for 11th, 12th Rabi-ul-Awwal
- 11 hours ago

Anthropic will start training its AI models on chat transcripts
- 3 hours ago

Patriots releasing veteran S Peppers, source says
- 2 hours ago
Trump hints at further delay in TikTok’s sale deadline
- 10 hours ago

FBR issues new rules for online businesses
- 10 hours ago
PM Shehbaz arrives in Tianjin, China, for official visit
- 13 hours ago

FIA arrests human smuggler with 6 Afghan nationals in Quetta
- 13 hours ago
Three dead as protesters set fire to council building in Indonesia
- 12 hours ago