Beijing: A 7.3-magnitude earthquake struck the southwestern Chinese provinces of Yunnan and Qinghai late Friday, caused at least two deaths and 17 injuries according to officials.

The US Geological Survey said that the origin of the earthquake was near the city of Dali and at shallow depth of 10 kilometers.
Aftershocks were observed on Saturday morning, with multiple smaller tremors recorded by China's earthquake administration. More than 20,000 people have been evacuated, the Yunnan government said.
Two people were confirmed dead after the earthquake in the mountainous province, local officials said in a statement in the early hours of Saturday, adding that at least 17 others had been injured and were receiving treatment.
The provincial government of Yunnan said some buildings had collapsed and others had been damaged, and that the "disaster situation was undergoing further verification."
The China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC) warned people to "stay away from buildings" in a post on a social media platform.
In October 2014, the same area was hit by a 6.1 magnitude earthquake after which 100,000 people were displaced.
It is to be noted that the country's worst earthquake in recent years was in the mountainous western portion of Sichuan province in 2008 when almost 90,000 people died.

PM Shehbaz meets Zhejiang leadership, Punjab-Zhejiang sister province MoU signed
- a day ago

16 militants including two key commanders killed in successful security operation in Bannu
- 8 hours ago

Field Marshal Asim Munir meets Iranian Abbas Araghchi to discuss Iran-U.S. talks
- a day ago

Field Marshal Asim Munir’s Iran visit highly productive, encouraging progress Achieved: ISPR
- a day ago

Deadly blast near Chaman railway crossing in Quetta kills 14, Including FC personnel
- 8 hours ago

Pakistan will soon march alongside China on the path of regional development,says PM Shehbaz
- 8 hours ago

Democrats don’t need an autopsy to know what they did wrong
- a day ago

Pakistan hopes to host next round of Iran-US Talks soon, says PM Shehbaz
- 8 hours ago

The worst kind of cancer suddenly isn’t so scary anymore
- 2 days ago

Field Marshal Asim Munir meets Iranian President, parliament speaker to discuss Iran-U.S. talks
- a day ago

PM Shehbaz leaves for China on four-day official visit
- a day ago

Security forces killed 11 indian backed militants during IBO in North Waziristan
- 4 hours ago







