Says incident never existed in the first place

Lahore: Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz on Wednesday dismissed social media rumours related to the alleged on-campus rape of a student in Lahore, terming it a "fabricated story".
Speaking at a press conference in Lahore, the chief minister said that an issue was made out of an incident that never existed in the first place.
Last week, news related to the alleged rape of the student went viral on social media, prompting the police to arrest a security guard at the college. According to a police statement, the suspect had been arrested and an investigation was underway.
Maryam Nawaz said that she had ordered a crackdown on those spreading fake news that the girl had been allegedly raped at a private college in Lahore.

Samsung’s Galaxy Buds 3 Pro are almost half off today
- 21 hours ago

Why nonalcoholic wine is so expensive
- 19 hours ago

At least 13 Tunisians missing after migrant boat sinks off Tunisia, group says
- 9 hours ago

How the Supreme Court remade religious liberty in the Christian right’s image
- 19 hours ago

The surprising way that America’s $40 trillion debt costs you
- 19 hours ago
PM takes notice of non-functionality of CT Coronary Angiography facility at PIMS
- 9 hours ago

Amazon’s drones will soon deliver to nearly 500 US cities and towns
- 21 hours ago

Indian airlines suffer around $2bn loss as Pakistan continues airspace closure
- 12 hours ago

Cuba has plenty of doctors. So why is its healthcare system collapsing?
- 19 hours ago

Trump’s latest assault on public lands
- 19 hours ago

The future of medicine is video games
- 10 hours ago

PM, Malaysian counterpart discuss regional developments
- 10 hours ago







