Police said the suspect was a 21-year-old former student at the school


(AFP): Eight people were killed and 17 others wounded on Saturday in a knife attack at a vocational school in eastern China and the suspect — a former student — has been arrested, police said.
Police said the suspect was a 21-year-old former student at the school, who was meant to graduate this year but failed his exams. “He returned to the school to express his anger and commit these murders,” police said, adding that the suspect had confessed.
In Yixing, police said emergency services were fully mobilized to treat the wounded and provide follow-up care for those affected by the attack.
Earlier this week, a 62-year-old man killed 35 people and wounded more than 40 when he rammed his small SUV into a crowd in the southern city of Zhuhai.
There has been a spate of other attacks in recent months. In October, in Shanghai, a man killed three people and wounded 15 others in a knife attack at a supermarket.
The month before, a Japanese schoolboy was fatally stabbed in the southern city of Shenzhen, which borders Hong Kong.

Karoline Leavitt and the trap of MAGA womanhood
- 19 hours ago
OpenAI slows advanced AI development after its tools launched cyberattack
- 19 hours ago

Flock CEO: ‘We got this one wrong’
- 6 hours ago

Why Trump is tearing up a beloved national park
- 4 hours ago
Robinson double rocks Pakistan in first Test before rain stops play
- 18 hours ago

Samsung has new Galaxy headphones in the works
- 6 hours ago

People are betting on wildfires on Polymarket. What could go wrong?
- 4 hours ago
Federal govt seeks review of Imran Khan’s hospital transfer order
- 20 hours ago

The promising race to get kids reading again
- 4 hours ago

Who gets to freeze their eggs?
- a day ago

Microsoft is combining its Copilot apps ahead of a ‘super app’
- 6 hours ago

A messy lesson for the post-woke left
- a day ago




