FM Shah Mahmood Qureshi also condoled over casualties in the blast


Islamabad: Prime Minister (PM) Imran Khan on Thursday expressed condolence over the loss of precious lives in a blast that took place in Lahore earlier in the day.
The prime minister directed the authorities concerned to extend the best medical facilities to those injured. He also sought a report on the incident from the Punjab government.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi also condoled over the casualties in the blast and said that comprehensive investigation was underway to find out the causes of the blast.
He also prayed for peace of the departed souls and sympathized with the bereaved families.
Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar took notice to the incident and directed the concerned authorities to submit a detailed report as soon as possible.
On the other hand, in a tragic incident, at least two people including a kid were killed while over 28 sustained injuries after a horrific explosion rocked Lahore’s New Anarkali on Thursday (January 20).
At least two people have been killed while 28 including women and children sustained injuries when a blast took place at New Anarkali area in the Punjab's provincial capital.
Rescue teams and police reached the spot after getting information and shifted the deceased and injured to Mayo Hospital where an emergency alert has been imposed. The area has been cordoned off and police is gathering evidence from the place of incident.
As per police a huge number of people were present at the place of incident. The bomb disposal squad is being called in to inspect the site for explosives.
The explosion left the windows of nearby shops and buildings shattered.
Seven victims are said to be in critical condition, said officials.
Medical Supredent (MS) Mayo Hospital Doctor Iftikhar revealed that a 9-year-old boy was among dead.
Authorities stated that the blast caused a 1.5 feet-deep crater in the ground, said police.
They said the device was planted outside the shop of a prize bond dealer and damaged several food outlets in the street besides vehicles parked nearby.
Initial reports suggested that the blast was a cylinder explosion at a shop. However, forensic experts said that the blast might be triggered through a time device.

Karoline Leavitt and the trap of MAGA womanhood
- 5 hours ago
Google’s Pixel Watch 5 dives deeper into AI and health
- 16 hours ago
Basant Lahore 2027 dates announced
- a day ago
Robinson double rocks Pakistan in first Test before rain stops play
- 4 hours ago
PM Shehbaz Sharif inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office
- a day ago

DIG Elite Police Force Mehboob Lillah 'shown the door' in connection with Chung Training College's Rs200m embezzlement probe
- a day ago

OpenAI reportedly disbanded its preparedness team
- 16 hours ago

A messy lesson for the post-woke left
- 14 hours ago

Who gets to freeze their eggs?
- 14 hours ago
Federal govt seeks review of Imran Khan’s hospital transfer order
- 6 hours ago

Star Wars: Ahsoka season 2 and Starfighter get teased at D23
- 16 hours ago
OpenAI slows advanced AI development after its tools launched cyberattack
- 5 hours ago






