K-pop singer, actor Lee Jihan killed in Itaewon crowd crush
Idol Lee Jihan, 24, passes away in Itaewon crowd crush during Halloween


Seoul: Korean singer and actor Lee Ji-han, known for his participation as a contestant on Mnet audition show “Produce 101 Season 2” (2017), was among 153 victims in Seoul Halloween event stampede. He was 24.
The singer and actor Lee Jihan is confirmed to have passed away in the crowd crush that occurred during Halloween celebration in South Korea over the weekend.
“Actor Lee Ji-han, who is like part of our precious family, left our side and became a star in the sky,” his agency 935 entertainment said in a statement.
“We send our deepest condolences to his surviving family, who are deeply saddened by the sudden tragic news, and those who have loved Lee and mourn his death. We still remember Lee, who always had a big smile and greeted people with energy. He was a bright and pure person and we cannot believe that we cannot see him anymore.
Asking public to respect the family's privacy in this period of mourning, the agency added, "The family is suffering immense grief right now, so we are being very cautious. May he rest in peace."
The news of Lee Jihan's passing first reached the public when several of his "Produce 101" castmates, Park Heeseok, Jo Jinhyung and Kim Dohyun, paid tribute on social media.
Lee first became known to the public through “Produce 101 Season 2” and debuted as an actor in 2019 through the web series “Today Was Another Nam Hyeon Day”— a web sitcom.
The devastating Itaewon tragedy took lives of 153 people when approximately 100,000 revelers poured into the capital to enjoy the first unrestricted Halloween celebrations. The massive crowd found themselves caught up in a terrifying stampede as the festivities had attracted a dangerous amount of people.
Witnesses say the crowd became increasingly "agitated" as the evening went on.
Most of the dead, including 26 foreigners, had been identified Sunday, with the education ministry confirming Monday that at least six young teenagers were among the victims.
As per officials, the toll could rise further with at least 33 people in critical condition.
Following the tragic incident, the country started a week of national mourning, with entertainment events and concerts cancelled and flags nationwide flying at half mast.

Field Marshal Asim Munir’s Iran visit highly productive, encouraging progress Achieved: ISPR
- ایک دن قبل

Pakistan will soon march alongside China on the path of regional development,says PM Shehbaz
- 10 گھنٹے قبل

Democrats don’t need an autopsy to know what they did wrong
- ایک دن قبل

Field Marshal Asim Munir meets Iranian President, parliament speaker to discuss Iran-U.S. talks
- ایک دن قبل

16 militants including two key commanders killed in successful security operation in Bannu
- 10 گھنٹے قبل

Field Marshal Asim Munir meets Iranian Abbas Araghchi to discuss Iran-U.S. talks
- ایک دن قبل

Pakistan hopes to host next round of Iran-US Talks soon, says PM Shehbaz
- 10 گھنٹے قبل

PM Shehbaz meets Zhejiang leadership, Punjab-Zhejiang sister province MoU signed
- ایک دن قبل

Deadly blast near Chaman railway crossing in Quetta kills 14, Including FC personnel
- 10 گھنٹے قبل

The worst kind of cancer suddenly isn’t so scary anymore
- 2 دن قبل

Security forces killed 11 indian backed militants during IBO in North Waziristan
- 6 گھنٹے قبل

PM Shehbaz leaves for China on four-day official visit
- ایک دن قبل

.jpeg&w=3840&q=75)






