In total, 28 Pakistanis were killed in the incident.


Lahore: The dead bodies of seven Pakistanis killed in shipwreck in Italy have been shifted to Pakistani on Tuesday, GNN reported.
According to details, the bodies of the victims have arrived Lahore via Jeddah from Tunis by Saudi airline.
An official of Overseas Pakistani Foundation received the bodies at the airport and handed them to the victims’ families. The bodies have been shifted to Gujrat Division.
Earlier on February 26, at least 59 people died, including 28 Pakistanis, when a wooden sailing boat carrying migrants to Europe crashed against rocks near the southern Italian coast, authorities said.
The vessel, which sailed from Turkey and was carrying people from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran and several other countries, sank in rough seas before dawn near Steccato di Cutro, a seaside resort on the eastern coast of Calabria.

Judge dismisses Samsung’s smart ring lawsuit against Oura
- 44 minutes ago

PSL X anthem ‘X Dekho’ unveiled
- 9 hours ago

Yale’s new smart lock can match your Google Nest doorbell
- 44 minutes ago

Men's Final Four predictions, previews for Auburn-Florida, Duke-Houston
- 13 hours ago

First Alert’s new smart smoke alarm is meant to be a Google Nest Protect replacement
- 44 minutes ago

From a famed Russian basketball academy to Provo, Egor Demin is dialed in
- 13 hours ago

US tariff hikes may slow global growth: Russian central bank
- 8 hours ago

Minus JuJu, USC flexes 'chemistry,' bounces KSU
- 13 hours ago

Self-driving taxis coming to Dubai by 2026, says RTA
- 12 hours ago

Naqvi briefs PM Shehbaz on security, others issues
- 9 hours ago

Haaland's nightmare game, Napoli back in Serie A title race, RB Leipzig chaos, more
- 13 hours ago

Google discontinues Nest Protect smoke alarm and Nest x Yale door lock
- 43 minutes ago