He was appointed as the chairman of the national men’s committee on 7 August 2023.


Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) confirmed that Inzamam-ul-Haq has resigned from his position as the chairman of the national men’s selection committee and junior selection committee on Monday.
“Inzamam-Ul-Haq has resigned as the chairman of the national men’s selection committee and junior selection committee,” stated PCB.
Inzamam-ul-Haq has resigned as the chairman of the national men's selection committee and junior selection committee. He was appointed as the chairman of the national men's committee on 7 August 2023 and was also appointed chairman of the junior men's selection committee earlier…
— PCB Media (@TheRealPCBMedia) October 30, 2023
“He was appointed as the chairman of the national men’s committee on 7 August 2023 and was also appointed chairman of the junior men’s selection committee earlier this month,” the statement added.
Furthermore, the PCB also appreciated and acknowledged Inzamam-ul-Haq’s decision to voluntarily step down from his role amid the investigation.
The statement also quoted Inzamam-ul-Haq, who stated that he was stepping down from the post to offer the PCB the opportunity to conduct a transparent inquiry.
“I am stepping down from the post to offer the PCB the opportunity to conduct a transparent inquiry about the conflict of interest allegations raised in the media. If the committee finds me not guilty, I will resume my role as the chief selector,” Inzamam was quoted as saying.
Earlier today, sources said that the former Pakistan captain has stepped down from his role as the chief selector.
During an interview with a local news channel, he revealed that he wanted to meet the PCB Management Committee Chairman Zaka Ashraf but to no avail.
The development comes after media reports circulated, claiming that the former cricketer was one of the stakeholders in a player’s management firm, named Saya Corps, in respect to the “conflict of interest”.
Meanwhile, Inzamam-ul-Haq clarified his decision to step down as the chief selector.
“We are cricketers and we are available all the time to serve the country. Since I am facing an inquiry, and as the nature of my job is, I should step down and let them conduct the probe,” the former captain said.
“I am a human and it hurts. I have a 20-year cricket career during which I represented Pakistan. I am not someone who people don’t know. When such allegations are levelled, it hurts.”
He further said he has no relations with any players’ agent firm.
“I must tell you very clearly that such companies are recommended by the ICC and PCB has all their data,” he added.
In response to Inzamam’s statement, Zaka Ashraf has clarified that he was unable to meet the former cricketer due to his unavailability in the office premises at the time.
“I was not present in the office, so how could I meet Inzamam-ul-Haq,” said the PCB chief.
“I respect Inzamam a lot. I am available to meet whenever he wants,” he added.

PSL X anthem ‘X Dekho’ unveiled
- 14 hours ago

Yale’s new smart lock can match your Google Nest doorbell
- 6 hours ago

The self-defeating tragedy of the Trump tariffs
- 4 hours ago

NBA play-in tournament 2025: Schedule, standings, format
- 5 hours ago

US tariff hikes may slow global growth: Russian central bank
- 13 hours ago

Bueckers, Betts, Booker among Wooden finalists
- 5 hours ago

Google discontinues Nest Protect smoke alarm and Nest x Yale door lock
- 6 hours ago

Judge dismisses Samsung’s smart ring lawsuit against Oura
- 6 hours ago

What's going on with Rafael Devers? Putting his historic strikeout streak into context
- 5 hours ago

First Alert’s new smart smoke alarm is meant to be a Google Nest Protect replacement
- 6 hours ago

Naqvi briefs PM Shehbaz on security, others issues
- 14 hours ago

Why has Cory Booker been talking for 19 straight hours (and counting)?
- 4 hours ago