Netanyahu's office declined to comment on the latest Hamas allegation


Cairo: Hamas accused Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday of preventing a ceasefire in Gaza by adding new conditions and demands to a U.S.-backed truce proposal, after the latest talks conducted through mediators.
The Palestinian Islamist group said it had received the latest response from Israel, following talks in Rome involving Israel, the United States, Egypt and Qatar.
Netanyahu's office declined to comment on the latest Hamas allegation. Israel says that Hamas is impeding a deal.
"It is clear from what the mediators conveyed that Netanyahu has returned to his strategy of procrastination, evasion, and avoiding reaching an agreement by setting new conditions and demands," Hamas said in a statement on Monday.
The Islamist faction accused Netanyahu of retreating from a proposal previously presented by mediators, which it said had already been based on an "Israeli paper".
Washington, which sponsors the talks, has repeatedly said a deal is close; the latest talks are over a proposal President Joe Biden unveiled in May.
Hamas wants a ceasefire agreement to end the war in Gaza, while Netanyahu says the conflict will stop only once Hamas is defeated. There are also disagreements over how a deal would be implemented.
Mediators Qatar and Egypt, backed by the U.S., have repeatedly said doors to more negotiations remain open, with both Israel and Hamas voicing readiness to pursue them.
(Curtsy Reuters)
Altidore joins Westbrook in OKC for Soccer group
- 4 hours ago

The House of Representatives is too small
- 5 hours ago
'Special': Cunningham makes MVP case vs. Knicks
- 4 hours ago
Fabregas 'not proud' of incident with Milan player
- 4 hours ago
Azam dropped for scoring too slowly, says Pakistan coach Hesson
- 5 hours ago
Forest show 'real identity' in dream Pereira debut
- 4 hours ago
Man United ease past Atlético to book Bayern QF
- 4 hours ago
FIFA pledges $50M for soccer stadium in Gaza
- 4 hours ago
Argentina soccer prez barred from leaving country
- 4 hours ago
T20 WC: Pakistan opt to bat first against New Zealand in Super 8 face-off
- 2 hours ago
19 sentenced to jail for AFCON final hooliganism
- 4 hours ago
Madrid send UEFA evidence in Vini Jr. racism probe
- 4 hours ago










