The Turkish government has blocked access to Roblox following a government investigation that found content that could lead to child exploitation. “According to our Constitution, our State is obliged to take the necessary measures to ensure the protection of our children,” Justice Minister Yılmaz Tunç says in a machine-translated post on X.
- Home
- Technology
- News
Turkey blocks Roblox
The Turkish government has blocked access to Roblox following a government investigation that found content that could lead to child exploitation.


It’s unclear when Roblox might be unblocked in the country. “On Aug 7, we learned that Roblox was blocked in Türkiye, and we are working urgently to understand the issue with the goal of resolving it,” the company said in a statement on its website. “We are mindful that millions of people use our platform in Turkey everyday, including a vibrant community of developers whose businesses rely on Roblox. We’re always thinking about how to keep our community safe, and we share global policymakers’ commitment to protecting children.
“We respect the laws and regulations in countries where we operate and share local lawmakers’ commitment to children,” Roblox spokesperson Eric Porterfield says in a statement to The Verge. “We look forward to working together to ensure Roblox is back online in Türkiye as soon as possible.”
The Roblox block follows Turkey’s decision to shut down access to Instagram last week. Turkey’s Information and Communication Technologies Authority didn’t provide a reason for that block at the time, according to The Associated Press. In April, Meta announced that it would temporarily shut down access to Threads in Turkey due to a regulatory decision. The country also overturned a ban on Wikipedia after more than two years in 2020.

Honor’s Robot Phone is better than a gimbal in a phone has any right to be
- ایک دن قبل
India's Padikkal hits unbeaten century in first Sri Lanka Test
- 2 دن قبل

The Iran war’s mental toll on US sailors
- 2 دن قبل
Iran calls for release of pilots captured in Qatar during Middle East war
- 2 دن قبل
'No meeting with PTI founder': KP CM rejects Rs6.4bn federal deduction
- 2 دن قبل

The fight over Flock and other ALPRs
- ایک دن قبل

2K launches new studio to build its ‘next blockbuster sports franchise’
- ایک دن قبل
Banned outfit linked to targeted killing of three Lahore cops
- 2 دن قبل

Probe into alleged abuse at Lahore's Ghaziabad PS reveals cop's new connection with beggars
- 2 دن قبل
PSDF, SDA partner to boost skills and jobs for hearing-impaired youth
- 2 دن قبل
Disney reveals Marvel's new 'X-Men' cast, 'Frozen 3' at D23 fan event
- 2 دن قبل

Microsoft’s Clippy-like Mico character is no longer the face of Copilot
- ایک دن قبل




