Rashid Langrial says number of income tax returns filed has exceeded four million


Islamabad: Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Chairman Rashid Langrial on Thursday warned that large-scale action against non-filers will begin after November 1.
Speaking to the media in Islamabad, Langrial informed that the number of income tax returns filed has exceeded four million, doubling compared to last year.
“There will be no extension in the deadline for submitting income tax returns,” he said, reiterating that the final date for submissions is October 14.
Langrial added, “We have complete data on non-filers, and action will commence on a large scale from November. The prime minister has directed that no tax evaders should be spared.”
The FBR recently decided to impose 15 restrictions on tax defaulters, removing the non-filer category. Initially, five key measures will be enforced, including restrictions on property transactions, vehicle purchases, international travel, opening current accounts, and investing in mutual funds.

Samsung’s Galaxy Buds 3 Pro are almost half off today
- a day ago

The future of medicine is video games
- 19 hours ago
PM takes notice of non-functionality of CT Coronary Angiography facility at PIMS
- 18 hours ago

Cuba has plenty of doctors. So why is its healthcare system collapsing?
- a day ago

At least 13 Tunisians missing after migrant boat sinks off Tunisia, group says
- 17 hours ago

The week the data center backlash exploded
- 4 hours ago

Trump’s latest assault on public lands
- a day ago

PM, Malaysian counterpart discuss regional developments
- 18 hours ago

Why nonalcoholic wine is so expensive
- a day ago

The surprising way that America’s $40 trillion debt costs you
- a day ago

How the Supreme Court remade religious liberty in the Christian right’s image
- a day ago

Indian airlines suffer around $2bn loss as Pakistan continues airspace closure
- 20 hours ago










