Najee Harris suffered an eye injury in a July 4 fireworks incident, but his agent said the Chargers running back "is fully expected to be ready for the upcoming NFL season."

Published 5 months ago on Jul 12th 2025, 6:00 am
By Web Desk

LOS ANGELES -- Chargers running back Najee Harris sustained an eye injury after a fireworks mishap at a July Fourth event, his agent Doug Hendrickson told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Thursday. Hendrickson said the injury was "superficial" and that Harris is expected to be ready for the upcoming NFL season.
Hendrickson said the "mishap resulted to injuries to several attendees." One person was hospitalized after he lost fingers in the accident in Antioch, California, the San Francisco Chronicle reported, citing police.
Harris signed a one-year deal with the Chargers in March to play a key role in rebuilding the Chargers' rushing offense. If Harris were to miss any time, the Chargers would have to lean heavily on first-round rookie Omarion Hampton.
It has been eight years since the Chargers had a 1,000-yard rusher, when Melvin Gordon ran for 1,105 yards in 2017.
Since then, the Chargers have searched but failed to build an effective rushing offense. Even last season, when coach Jim Harbaugh and his staff boasted about the running game they would create in L.A., the team finished below the league average in rushing yards per game (110.7).
Harris rushed for 1,000 yards in each of his first four seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. His physical style of running is one that Harbaugh covets, and it could be the difference in the Chargers' rushing offense next season.
The Chargers declined to comment.
Hendrickson said the "mishap resulted to injuries to several attendees." One person was hospitalized after he lost fingers in the accident in Antioch, California, the San Francisco Chronicle reported, citing police.
Harris signed a one-year deal with the Chargers in March to play a key role in rebuilding the Chargers' rushing offense. If Harris were to miss any time, the Chargers would have to lean heavily on first-round rookie Omarion Hampton.
It has been eight years since the Chargers had a 1,000-yard rusher, when Melvin Gordon ran for 1,105 yards in 2017.
Since then, the Chargers have searched but failed to build an effective rushing offense. Even last season, when coach Jim Harbaugh and his staff boasted about the running game they would create in L.A., the team finished below the league average in rushing yards per game (110.7).
Harris rushed for 1,000 yards in each of his first four seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. His physical style of running is one that Harbaugh covets, and it could be the difference in the Chargers' rushing offense next season.
The Chargers declined to comment.

The Kodak Snapic A1 is a $99 film camera that makes double exposures easy
- 3 گھنٹے قبل

ModRetro recreated the N64 controller for its M64 console
- 3 گھنٹے قبل

The best deals I’ve seen on some of my favorite smart home gear
- 3 گھنٹے قبل

Top 5 of CFP unchanged; Ducks leapfrog Ole Miss
- 2 گھنٹے قبل

Sora and Nano Banana Pro throttled amid soaring demand
- 3 گھنٹے قبل

Okay, which of you are still using Facebook?
- 3 گھنٹے قبل

How to help your parents with their tech over the holidays
- 3 گھنٹے قبل

The CDC’s troubling new second in command, briefly explained
- ایک گھنٹہ قبل

Are Chelsea really title contenders? Arsenal clash will give us an answer
- 2 گھنٹے قبل

OpenAI denies liability in teen suicide lawsuit, cites ‘misuse’ of ChatGPT
- 3 گھنٹے قبل

Sources: Vanderbilt's Lea lands 6-year extension
- 2 گھنٹے قبل

Rivian’s software-powered e-bike won me over with its adaptability
- 3 گھنٹے قبل
You May Like
Trending








