Islamabad: Former West Indies captain Darren Sammy showed his disappointments over the cancellation of the Pak- New Zealand series saying it’s a massive blow to Pakistan.


Pakistan Super League (PSL) team Peshawar Zalmis coach and former West Indies skipper Darren Sammy said in a tweet, “Disappointed waking up to the news of the cancellation of the Pakistan Vs New Zealand series because of security issues. Over the last 6 years playing and visiting Pakistan has been one of the most enjoyable experiences. I’ve always felt safe. This is a massive blow to Pakistan,” on Friday.
Sammy, who has won two Twenty20 World Cups for his country in 2012 and 2016, said the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and Pakistan government have worked very hard to resume cricket in Pakistan.
Disappointed waking up to the news of the cancellation of the Pakistan Vs New Zealand series because of security issues.Over the last 6 years playing and visiting Pakistan has been one of the most enjoyable experiences. I’ve always felt safe. this is a massive blow to Pakistan ☹️
— Daren Sammy (@darensammy88) September 17, 2021
“The @TheRealPCB and the government have worked so hard to get cricket back to Pakistan. Again I will say Pakistan is one of the safest places I’ve played cricket. The fans are amazing. I feel at home when I’m there. So disappointed right now,” he said.
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in a statement on Friday said the New Zealand Cricket (NZC) has decided to put off the series due to a security alert.
“New Zealand Cricket informed us they had been alerted to some security alert and have unilaterally decided to postpone the series. The PCB and Pakistan government have made foolproof security arrangements for all visiting teams,” PCB said
"Wish I had words to describe my disappointment. We not only have the best security force in the world but many foreign teams have successfully & peacefully completed their cricket tours in Pakistan. Can feel for the cricket lovers in Pakistan & around the world," former cricketer Shahid Afridi said in a tweet.
PSDF, SDA partner to boost skills and jobs for hearing-impaired youth
- a day ago
Disney reveals Marvel's new 'X-Men' cast, 'Frozen 3' at D23 fan event
- 2 days ago

The fight over Flock and other ALPRs
- a day ago
Iran calls for release of pilots captured in Qatar during Middle East war
- 2 days ago

The Iran war’s mental toll on US sailors
- 2 days ago

2K launches new studio to build its ‘next blockbuster sports franchise’
- 18 hours ago
'No meeting with PTI founder': KP CM rejects Rs6.4bn federal deduction
- a day ago
India's Padikkal hits unbeaten century in first Sri Lanka Test
- a day ago

Microsoft’s Clippy-like Mico character is no longer the face of Copilot
- a day ago

Honor’s Robot Phone is better than a gimbal in a phone has any right to be
- 18 hours ago

Probe into alleged abuse at Lahore's Ghaziabad PS reveals cop's new connection with beggars
- a day ago
Banned outfit linked to targeted killing of three Lahore cops
- 2 days ago

