BAP's Abdul Quddus Bizenjo is most likely to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed
While no other candidate submitted nomination papers, Balochistan Awami Party's Abdul Quddus Bizenjo is most likely to be elected as the new chief minister of Balochistan.


The chief minister's seat was vacated after former Balochistan chief minister Jam Kamal Khan stepped down from the post on Sunday.
Following his announcement, disgruntled members of the Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) and the Opposition, who had gathered at Bizenjo's residence, celebrated their triumph by flashing victory signs.
Following CM Khan's resignation, Bizenjo had also resigned from the post of Balochistan Assembly speaker.
BAP MPA Abdur Rehman Khetran submitted Bizenjo's nomination papers in the assembly secretariat earlier in the day.
"It will be the first time in history that a Balochistan chief minister is elected uncontested," said Khetran while speaking to the media.
While Bizenjo is likely to be elected unopposed, he will have to prove he has the support of the majority in the assembly, which amounts to 33 MPAs.
The new chief minister is to be elected tomorrow (Friday) during a session of the provincial assembly.
Before the deadline ended on Thursday evening, five papers were submitted nominating Bizenjo for the post of chief minister of Balochistan, were submitted in the assembly secretariat.
Sources said once the support of the majority of the assembly is established, the Balochistan governor will issue an official notification for his appointment. This will be followed by Bizenjo taking oath as the Balochistan chief minister.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Imran Khan met Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani in Islamabad to discuss the political situation in Balochistan.
Sanjrani took the premier into confidence over his recent visit to Balochistan.

Yale’s new smart lock can match your Google Nest doorbell
- 4 hours ago

US tariff hikes may slow global growth: Russian central bank
- 11 hours ago

NBA play-in tournament 2025: Schedule, standings, format
- 3 hours ago

PSL X anthem ‘X Dekho’ unveiled
- 12 hours ago

Bueckers, Betts, Booker among Wooden finalists
- 3 hours ago

What's going on with Rafael Devers? Putting his historic strikeout streak into context
- 3 hours ago

The self-defeating tragedy of the Trump tariffs
- 2 hours ago

Google discontinues Nest Protect smoke alarm and Nest x Yale door lock
- 4 hours ago

Why has Cory Booker been talking for 19 straight hours (and counting)?
- 2 hours ago

First Alert’s new smart smoke alarm is meant to be a Google Nest Protect replacement
- 4 hours ago

Naqvi briefs PM Shehbaz on security, others issues
- 12 hours ago

Judge dismisses Samsung’s smart ring lawsuit against Oura
- 4 hours ago