The collapsed building was part of a complex named 360 Degrees Towers, which was intended to house luxury apartments, town houses and penthouses.


Lagos: At least six people were killed and over 100 feared missing after a luxury 22-storey building collapsed in Nigeria’s largest city Lagos—trapping several construction workers under the pile of concrete rubble.
As per initial reports, the building came down at around 14:45 local time in the upmarket district of Ikoyi.
The collapsed building was part of a complex named 360 Degrees Towers, which was intended to house luxury apartments, town houses and penthouses.
Many blocks of flats were under construction.
Search and rescue operations from multiple agencies continued through the night and into Tuesday morning.
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) confirmed the causalities and did not say how many people are currently missing. The Nigerian Red Cross were also there.
Workers, that were present at the sight, said that as many as 100 people were at work when the building came crashing down.
Over 100 people were missing and at least three survivors were pulled out on Monday night, said witnesses.
In the meantime, local authorities have ordered an investigation into the collapse and pledged to make the final report public.
Building collapses are not uncommon in Lagos—city with a population of around 20 million people.
In 2019, the collapse of two separate buildings, including one housing a school, left dozens of people dead.
Reportedly, more than 1,000 buildings were at risk of collapsing in Lagos so far

Trump’s tariffs stoke global trade war as China, EU hit back
- 9 hours ago
3-year-old dies after falling into open manhole in Karachi
- 12 hours ago
Indian actress Shalini Pandey reveals dark side of film industry
- 12 hours ago

PSX hits record high following announcement of electricity tariff cuts
- 7 hours ago
PM Shehbaz announces Rs7.41 per unit electricity price cut
- 11 hours ago

Gold prices hit new peak at Rs325,500 per tola
- 7 hours ago
Former Pakistan test cricketer Farooq Hamid passes away
- 10 hours ago
18-year-old dies from Congo virus in Quetta
- 8 hours ago

Mohsin Naqvi appointed president of Asian Cricket Council: Sources
- 8 hours ago
Hollywood star Jean-Claude Van Damme accused of having sex with five women: report
- 10 hours ago

Met Office forecasts Karachi's temperature rising up to 40°C this week
- 8 hours ago

Nazia Hassan: Celebrating legacy of a pop icon on her 60th birthday
- 8 hours ago