Connect with us

Pakistan

Humidity levels increase after scattered braces of rain in Lahore

The Met office predicted similar weather conditions for the next 24 hours

Published by Hussnain Bhutta

Published

on

Lahore: The provincial capital, along with other parts of Punjab, received scattered braces of rain on Saturday, leading to an increase in humidity levels in the city and other regions of the province.

Pakistan Meteorological Department (pmd) predicts similar weather conditions for the next 24 hours. 

“Hot and humid weather is likely to prevail in most districts of the province,” said the PMD and added  the rain-wind/thundershowers are expected in Pothohar region, Gujranwala, Lahore, Sahiwal, Okara, Sialkot, Narowal, Mandi Bahauddin, Multan, Rahimyar Khan, Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar, and D.G. Khan.

The Met office also informed that moist currents are penetrating in upper parts of the country and likely to continue during the next 24 hours.

Under the influence of this weather system, rain-wind/thundershower (with isolated heavy falls) is expected in Chitral, Dir, Swat, Kohistan, Shangla, Buner, Mansehra, Abbottabad, Haripur, Malakand, Bajaur, Peshawar, Mardan, Charsadda, Swabi, Nowshera, Kurram, Kohat, Waziristan, Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Murree, Attock, Chakwal, Jhelum, Sialkot, Narowal, Lahore, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Sheikhupura, Mianwali, Khushab, Sargodha, Hafizabad, Mandi Bahauddin, Jhang and Faisalabad.

Continue Reading

World

Health ministry in Gaza says war death toll at 38,919

Ministry also says that 89,622 people were wounded in the Gaza Strip since the war began

Published by Hussnain Bhutta

Published

on

(AFP): Gaza City: The health ministry in Gaza said Saturday at least 38,919 people have been killed in the war between Israel and Hamas.

The toll includes 71 deaths in 48 hours, according to ministry figures, which also list 89,622 people as having been wounded in the Gaza Strip since the war began when Hamas attacked Israel on October 7.

 

Continue Reading

Sports

McGregor eyes future in bare-knuckle promotion

Conor McGregor expressed interest in competing as a "player/manager" with BKFC, a bare-knuckle promotion where he currently serves as a co-owner.

Published by Web Desk

Published

on

Conor McGregor, who announced earlier this year that he was a co-owner of Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships, also is expressing interest in competing as a "player/manager" once his UFC contract expires.

McGregor addressed his current contract situation at a news conference Thursday in Spain for the bare-knuckle promotion's upcoming event on Oct. 12.

"For me, I have a little business left [with the UFC], two fights left on my contract," McGregor said. "But for sure, we've got three lightweights up here on the dais and I have my eye on all of this. I'm not up here just as an owner -- 'player/manager' I'll title myself on this one."

One of the fights left on McGregor's current UFC contract is expected to be against Michael Chandler.

McGregor's return to the Octagon after a three-year hiatus was originally scheduled for UFC 303 on June 29. But a broken toe forced the former two-division champion out of the fight and sent the promotion scrambling for a last-minute replacement for the main event.

McGregor has since teased that his return was imminent and that he is confident a fight with Chandler would happen before the end of 2024. UFC president Dana White has suggested that the fight "has to happen," and it seems that all parties are looking to settle on a fight date sooner than later.

During his time away from fighting, McGregor has taken an interest in Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships [BKFC]. His attendance at a recent event got the ball rolling on the Irishman striking a deal as a co-owner, and he now has set his sights on seeing the sport grow.

BKFC's biggest star, former UFC fighter Mike Perry, is set to face Jake Paul in a boxing match on July 20 -- and McGregor believes that it would be in other MMA fighters' best interest to try their hand at bare-knuckle fighting rather than compete elsewhere.

"This is a viable option and, in my opinion, the only option," McGregor said. "I don't want to see, nor do I give a f--- about UFC fighters going to PFL or another promotion. You need to break it up and try something new to really break into that next level of superstardom.

"How could you not look to be a two-sport world champion in something as wild as a bare-knuckle fighting organization? We've got the money, too. We have the dough. There are big payouts over here also. For any real fighter out there, that's all you want to hear: money, power and respect. It's all right here. Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships has it all."

But before McGregor can toss his hat into a BKFC ring, he knows he will have to fulfill his contractual obligations to the UFC.

"I'm just looking forward to getting back into the Octagon, handling my business with the Ultimate Fighting Championship and seeing what the future holds," he said.
Continue Reading

Trending

Take a poll