The citizens have been suffering as the cities and villages have plunged into darkness due to the worst power-breakdown since today’s morning while Minister for Energy Khurram Dastagir Khan claims they will restore power till 10pm tonight.


Lahore: The citizens have been suffering due to the worst power breakdown and only one hour has been left to the promise of Minister for Energy Khurram Dastgir Khan that they will restore the power till 10 pm tonight.
The Minister had promised earlier in the day that it would take 12 hours to restore the power but it more than 12 hours and still the authorities could not restore the power.
The big and small—all cities plunged into darkness due to power outage. The citizens suffered a lot due to the worst power breakdown since Monday morning till writing of these lines.
According to the reports, several hospitals stopped their operations and treatment of the patients due to power outage as the generators which continued to work all day since the morning stopped now. The situation in the markets was also quite worst as the businessmen shut down their shops and stores and there was darkness in the bazaars and streets.
Metro Train Service also stopped due to day-long power outage while on board passengers were forced to leave the train right on the middle of the track in Lahore. The video of the passengers walking out of the training towards a station went viral on the social media.
This is what happened at Orange Line Train
— Tayyab Saeed ?? (@t_saeed6) January 23, 2023
We had to walk on the track to get back to station?#ElectricityShutDown #shutdown #poweroutage #ElectricityShutDown #Lahore pic.twitter.com/nanGox8iOO
The women failed to cook food as water problem caused by power outage got worsened. The absence of light was another issue for the women and children at homes.
The connectivity among the citizens also got affected as their cell phones went out of power due to the power outage and internet system slowed down.
Besides it, the streets also plunged into the darkness.
“This is really painful and disappointing,” said Asharaf Ali, a resident of Town ship, adding that he could not run his business the whole day due to absence of electricity.
He said that the inflation had already caused huge damage to the citizens and now it is power breakdown.
On other hand, in a televised message, Federal Ministry for Energy Khurram Dastgir Khan said all technical teams of the Power Division had been mobilized to restore the power supply. He said the power transmission system was intact and we are trying to restart power generation plants.
The Minister said power supply in parts of Balochistan and Punjab has been restored, while partial restoration of power supply to K-Electric has also begun.
He said on the directions of Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, a three-member inquiry team has been constituted to investigate the causes behind the breakdown
X briefly hit by ‘international outages’: monitors
- 6 hours ago
PMD forecasts rain wind with thunderstorm in Balochistan, KP
- 7 hours ago

Westminster Int'l School Bahria Campus concludes Phoenix Fest & Mavericks 2026 in grand style
- 10 hours ago
England survive Italy scare to reach T20 World Cup Super Eights
- 6 hours ago
FinMin claims losses of SOEs plummet by around Rs74b in three years
- 12 hours ago
Blast near Bannu police station leaves two dead, 17 wounded
- 12 hours ago

Gold prices plunge in Pakistan, global markets
- 11 hours ago

Good Luck, Have Fun, Don’t Die is a rollicking parable about this moment in tech
- a day ago
Multan hosts All Pakistan Long Range Shooting Championship
- 11 hours ago

High voltage clash: India defeat pakistan by 61 Runs, qualify for Super Eight
- a day ago
Field Marshal Asim Munir vows to deepen Pak-UAE partnership
- 11 hours ago

PM invites Austrian businesses to expand investments in Pakistan
- 8 hours ago







