Israeli opposition parties agree to form new government, set to end Netanyahu's 12-year tenure as PM
The opposition parties in Israel have agreed to form a new government, a move that would end Benjamin Netanyahu's 12-year tenure as PM

According to details, Israeli opposition leader Yair Lapid who is the leader of the Yesh Atid party has announced an eight-faction coalition had been formed.
Israeli opposition leader Yair Lapid has informed the country’s president that he will be forming a new government with the support of coalition government which would eventually end the Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s 12 years in power.
Yair Lapid was given the task of forming a new government by President Reuven Rivlin after Netanyahu failed to put together his own coalition following Israel’s fourth election in less than two years.
In a statement shared on Twitter on Wednesday, Lapid said he had informed Rivlin of the deal.
“This government will work for all the citizens of Israel, those that voted for it and those that didn’t. It will do everything to unite Israeli society,” he wrote.
The announcement of coalition government has added to the woes of Netanyahu, who is on trial for criminal charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust while serving the country as a premier.
After losing the office of PM, he will not be able to push through changes to basic laws that could give him immunity and will lose control over certain justice ministry nominations.

NBA play-in tournament 2025: Schedule, standings, format
- 33 minutes ago

PSL X anthem ‘X Dekho’ unveiled
- 9 hours ago

Self-driving taxis coming to Dubai by 2026, says RTA
- 13 hours ago

Bueckers, Betts, Booker among Wooden finalists
- 33 minutes ago

Naqvi briefs PM Shehbaz on security, others issues
- 10 hours ago

Yale’s new smart lock can match your Google Nest doorbell
- 2 hours ago

What's going on with Rafael Devers? Putting his historic strikeout streak into context
- 33 minutes ago

From a famed Russian basketball academy to Provo, Egor Demin is dialed in
- 14 hours ago

US tariff hikes may slow global growth: Russian central bank
- 9 hours ago

Judge dismisses Samsung’s smart ring lawsuit against Oura
- 2 hours ago

Google discontinues Nest Protect smoke alarm and Nest x Yale door lock
- 2 hours ago

First Alert’s new smart smoke alarm is meant to be a Google Nest Protect replacement
- 2 hours ago