On the instructions of Prime Minister Imran Khan, the process of withdrawing additional security from the federal ministers has started.

According to sources, additional security has been withdrawn from several federal ministers including Pervez Khattak, Fawad Chaudhry and Minister Shirin Mazari.
Sources claim that the Cabinet Division and Islamabad Police have withdrawn additional security from the ministers while Federal Human rights minister Shireen Mazari protested against the withdrawal of security.
So far, additional security has been withdrawn from seven federal ministers, including the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly.
After the IG Islamabad met with Prime Minister Imran Khan, the additional personnel deployed for the security of the federal ministers have been withdrawn after which the ministers will have only two or three Islamabad police personnel on security duty.
Three of the five security personnel have been recalled from a minister, while two Islamabad police personnel will be on duty along with several federal ministers.
The sources further said that the person given to the Senate Chairman will be retained, while the additional personnel given to the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly has also been reduced.
Earlier, security had been withdrawn from several political leaders and dignitaries in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).
Minister for Information and Broadcasting Fawad Chaudhry on June 6 had said that during a federal cabinet meeting, PM Imran Khan had received a report that many governmental dignitaries are enjoying more protocol than necessary.
In this regard, the premier has asked all government officials to reduce availing protocol-related privileges, he said.
Last week, Prime Minister Imran Khan had announced he will be doing away with the practice when he goes to any private function.
To save taxpayer money & avoid inconvenience to the public I will not be going to any private function with protocol & security. I am also reviewing protocol & security for ministers, governors & PTI CMs to decide how we can minimise expenditure & end public inconvenience.
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) July 6, 2021
"To save taxpayer money and avoid inconvenience to the public I will not be going to any private function with protocol and security," the prime minister wrote in a message on Twitter.
He said he is also reviewing protocol and security granted to ministers, governors and PTI chief ministers so that a way to minimise expenditure and end public inconvenience can be determined.
The prime minister said that a comprehensive policy regarding this will be decided in next week's cabinet meeting.
Next week Cabinet will decide on a comprehensive policy in this regard. We will put an end to the colonial legacy of pomp & glory used to overwhelm the people.
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) July 6, 2021
"We will put an end to the colonial legacy of pomp and glory used to overwhelm the people," he vowed.
Saudi Arabia resumes oil loadings, sales from inside Strait of Hormuz
- 21 hours ago

A messy lesson for the post-woke left
- 7 hours ago
PM Shehbaz Sharif inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office
- 18 hours ago

Why babies’ experiences matter (even if they can’t remember them)
- a day ago

DIG Elite Police Force Mehboob Lillah 'shown the door' in connection with Chung Training College's Rs200m embezzlement probe
- 16 hours ago
Google’s Pixel Watch 5 dives deeper into AI and health
- 9 hours ago

Who gets to freeze their eggs?
- 7 hours ago

Hasan Piker isn’t retreating
- a day ago

OpenAI reportedly disbanded its preparedness team
- 9 hours ago

Why scientists are using cheap picnic coolers to protect some of the world’s most endangered animals
- a day ago

Star Wars: Ahsoka season 2 and Starfighter get teased at D23
- 9 hours ago
Basant Lahore 2027 dates announced
- 17 hours ago







