Awais reveals ‘Electricity Relief Package’ for domestic, industrial consumers
Says NTDC has been divided into three companies to complete the projects on their stipulated time

Islamabad: Federal Minister for Power Sardar Awais Ahmed Khan Laghari on Saturday unveiled the Electricity Relief Package, under the leadership of Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, for the winter season for domestic, industrial, and commercial consumers.
Addressing a press conference on Saturday, the minister said that under the relief package, domestic consumers would get cheap electricity of up to Rs 26.7 per unit for their power consumption surpassing 200 units of the protected category and it would help them to save Rs11.42 to Rs 26 per unit in the three months of winter.
He said that through this package, the present government had achieved a milestone in the power sector and termed it a revolutionary step which would bring economic stability to the country. “We have initiated reforms in the power sector not only to streamline its system but to make it profitable,” he added.
He emphasized that the power sector had a significant role and backbone of the country’s economy, adding that the government had fulfilled the promise made to the public.
Awais Laghari said the package would provide relief to the domestic consumers at the same time, it would enhance the industrial activities in the country. He said the government intended to continue the Electricity Relief Package for the national interest.
The minister said the under prime minister’s dynamic vision, it was the foremost priority to promote economic activities and the power sector was contributing to the economy at large, reiterated that practical steps were being taken to streamline the power sector.
He further said the industrial sector will save 18-37 per cent or Rs 5.27 to Rs 15.5 per unit under the package to help boost industrial production, growth and livelihoods. The commercial consumers will be given a 34-47 per cent saving or Rs 13.46 to Rs 22.71 per unit subsidy in the package.
He said that NTDC had been divided into three companies an Independent Marketing System, a National Grid Company, and an Infrastructure Management Company to complete the projects on their stipulated time.
In the past, he said that NTDC projects had been delayed due to negligence and embezzlements of the authorities concerned, adding that the federal cabinet had already approved these three companies which would be functional in February 2025 aiming to complete power projects timely and ensure transparency in the sector to yield desirous results.
He revealed that 50 to 60 employees would work in each company by having their own Managing Director and CEO. The minister said the ministry uploaded the Dispatch Management Report on the website of www.NTDC.gov.pk and this report could be seen every month to bring transparency in the sector.
China's Xi, Russia's Putin praise ties at Beijing talks; energy in focus
- a day ago
Pakistan announces three-day public holiday to mark Eidul Azha
- 21 hours ago

This animal kills 100,000 people a year. Why can’t we stop it?
- 7 hours ago

Musk v. Altman proved that AI is led by the wrong people
- 9 hours ago

MAGA’s favorite psychedelic
- 7 hours ago
WHO says Ebola risk high regionally, low worldwide
- 17 hours ago

Dyson’s super-slim PencilWash just hit its best price to date for Memorial Day
- 9 hours ago

Xbox fans want exclusives, more backward compatibility, and free online multiplayer
- 9 hours ago

Leaked images reveal Xbox Elite 3 controller
- 9 hours ago
PM reaffirms resolve to ensure success of CPEC next phase
- 17 hours ago

Microsoft starts canceling Claude Code licenses
- 9 hours ago

Apple’s accessibility features add more AI-powered processing
- 9 hours ago



