- Home
- Technology
- News
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg dines with Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago
The 40-year-old tech tycoon tries to mend ties with Trump


Miami (AFP): Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg joined United States President-elect Donald Trump for dinner at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida Wednesday, with an advisor to the future president saying the tech billionaire "wants to support the national renewal of America."
The 40-year-old tech tycoon, who leads the parent company of Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp, has been carefully trying to mend ties with Trump.
Both men have had a strained relationship over the years, with Facebook being among social media networks that banned Trump after the attack on the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.
But on Wednesday, a Meta spokesperson said: "Mark was grateful for the invitation to join President Trump for dinner and the opportunity to meet with members of his team about the incoming Administration."
In a statement, the spokesperson added that it was an important time for the future of American innovation.
It was not immediately clear if billionaire Elon Musk, a close Trump ally who previously challenged Zuckerberg to a cage match fight, also attended the dinner, though he has frequently been present at Mar-a-Lago since the election.
Stephen Miller, Trump's incoming deputy chief of staff for policy, told Fox News on Wednesday that Zuckerberg "has been very clear about his desire to be a supporter of, and a participant in, this change that we're seeing all around America."
"He's made clear that he wants to support the national renewal of America under President Trump's leadership," Miller said in a televised interview.
While treading cautiously in Trump's first term, tech titans were quick to laud the Republican's election victory this time, with Zuckerberg among those who offered his congratulations.
Before the election, Zuckerberg stopped election-related philanthropy and Meta modified its algorithms to reduce political content.
Zuckerberg had previously contributed large sums to fund nonprofits working to support US electoral infrastructure during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The donations had been seized upon by Trump after his 2020 loss to Joe Biden, falsely alleging that they were part of a plot to swing the election.
Indian actress Shalini Pandey reveals dark side of film industry
- 10 hours ago
Former Pakistan test cricketer Farooq Hamid passes away
- 8 hours ago
3-year-old dies after falling into open manhole in Karachi
- 11 hours ago

Gold prices hit new peak at Rs325,500 per tola
- 6 hours ago

Nazia Hassan: Celebrating legacy of a pop icon on her 60th birthday
- 7 hours ago
18-year-old dies from Congo virus in Quetta
- 6 hours ago

Trump’s tariffs stoke global trade war as China, EU hit back
- 8 hours ago

Mohsin Naqvi appointed president of Asian Cricket Council: Sources
- 7 hours ago
Hollywood star Jean-Claude Van Damme accused of having sex with five women: report
- 9 hours ago
PM Shehbaz announces Rs7.41 per unit electricity price cut
- 10 hours ago

Met Office forecasts Karachi's temperature rising up to 40°C this week
- 7 hours ago

PSX hits record high following announcement of electricity tariff cuts
- 5 hours ago