Connect with us

Entertainment

Shah Rukh Khan’s son admits consuming drugs

According to Indian media, NCB officials say that during the interrogation, Aryan Khan revealed that he used to use drugs even when he was in the United States and Dubai.

Published

on

Shah Rukh Khan’s son admits consuming drugs
GNN Media: Representational Photo

MUMBAI: Bollywood king Shah Rukh's son Aryan Khan has confessed before the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) that he has been taking drugs for four years.

According to Indian media, NCB officials say that during the interrogation, Aryan Khan revealed that he used to use drugs even when he was in the United States and Dubai.

According to Indian media reports, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) raided a party on a cruise ship off the coast of Mumbai yesterday, during which eight people, including Shah Rukh's son, were arrested.

During the operation, NCB officials confiscated Aryan Khan's phone and said that Aryan's phone was being scanned to find concrete evidence of the actor's son's involvement in drug use and sale.

The court later ordered Aryan Khan to be sent to jail on a one-day remand. However, now Indian media reports have claimed that during the interrogation, the detained Aryan appeared before the NCB officials and confessed that he had been taking drugs for almost the last four years.

Meesam Javaid

Meesam Javaid is a senior editor at GNN, known for writing top quality content which garner very high readerships and has been covering every field of journalism, including politics, media, sports and scholarly articles. Meesam Javaid is nothing less than a Veteran Editor and has been writing for GNN for the past 4 months.

World

EU re-establishing ‘minimal presence’ in Kabul

Embassy is being opened after five months

Published by Faisal Waqas

Published

on

EU re-establishing ‘minimal presence’ in Kabul

The European Union on Thursday announced it had begun re-establishing a “minimal presence” in Kabul to facilitate the delivery of humanitarian aid in Afghanistan.

“Our minimal presence in Kabul must not in any way be seen as recognition” of the Taliban government there,” EU foreign affairs spokesman Peter Stano said in a statement. 

“This has also been clearly communicated to the de facto authorities,” he added.

Afghanistan is in the grip of a humanitarian disaster, worsened by the Taliban takeover in August that prompted Western countries to freeze international aid and access to billions of dollars worth of assets held abroad.

The country was almost entirely dependent on foreign aid under the previous US-backed government, but jobs have dried up and most civil servants haven’t been paid for months.

No country has yet recognised the Taliban, with most watching to see how the hardline Islamists -– notorious for human rights abuses during their first stint in power -– restrict freedoms.

Shortly before Stano made his comments, an Afghan foreign ministry spokesman said on Twitter that the EU was reopening “an embassy” with “a permanent presence in Kabul” for the first time in five months. 

Stano said in the statement “the EU has started to re-establish a minimal presence of international EU Delegation staff to facilitate the delivery of humanitarian aid and monitor the humanitarian situation”.

The international community is waiting to see how the Taliban Islamic fundamentalists intend to govern Afghanistan, after having largely trampled on human rights during their first stint in power between 1996 and 2001. 

While the Taliban claim to have modernised, women are still largely excluded from public employment and secondary schools for girls remain largely closed.

Several countries, including China. Russia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and Iran have kept their embassies in Kabul open since the Taliban victory last year, but have not formally recognised their government.

Western diplomats began to evacuate their personnel in the first half of 2021, when American troops began operations to withdraw permanently from Afghanistan. 

The withdrawal culminated at the end of August with the chaotic evacuation of 120,000 people following the Taliban’s lightning conquest of the country.

Continue Reading

Pakistan

Sharif family should come to clarify position on Guthrie’s statement: Fawad

British solicitor claims former CJ Rana Shamim signed affidavit at residence of Nawaz Sharif in London

Published by Faisal Waqas

Published

on

Sharif family should come to clarify position on Guthrie’s statement: Fawad

Dubai: Minister for Information Fawad Chaudhry on Friday asked the Sharif family to clarify their position on the statement by British solicitor Charles Guthrie claiming that former Giligt Baltistan chief judge Rana Shamim signed the affidavit at the residence of Nawaz Sharif in London.

It was an important allegation and “I think the Sharif family should come forward and explain their position,” he said while talking to the media.

Chaudhry Fawad said apparently it was a fake story as the affidavit was signed at the residence of Nawaz Sharif. “When Nawaz Sharif and the company was in power, only his films were playing, no one paid attention to the original cinema films,” he added. 

Taking a jibe on Nawaz Sharif, he said the “flop movie” (referring to Nawaz) had gone to London.

To a question, he said the overseas Pakistanis were an asset for the nation and particularly those living in the United Arab Emirates.

Around 1.5 million Pakistanis resided in the UAE, the biggest contributor in the remittances, and most of them were using the Roshan Digital Pakistan account, he added.

The minister said the overseas Pakistanis supported Prime Minister Imran Khan and he also stood with him firmly, and their combination would take Pakistan forward.

Fawad said 11 Pakistani films were being screened at the Dubai Film Festival and he was here to support and enjoy the Pakistani stuff.

Continue Reading

Crime

Two killed, 3 injured in firing cum traffic accident on Lahore's Baidian Road

Robbers fired at van that collided with a motorcycle

Published by Faisal Ali Ghumman

Published

on

Two killed, 3 injured in firing cum traffic accident on Lahore's Baidian Road

Lahore: Two people were killed and three others were injured as a van driver hit a motorcycle after getting fired by robbers on Baidian Road on Friday, police and rescuers said.

The deceased were borther and sister. Police inquiries showed that some robbers first opened fire on a moving van, leaving three including the driver injured.

The van driver panicked and hit a motorcycle. The deceased have been identified as Shahid and Shama. 

The injured have been identified as Abid, Waleed and Usman.

The vicitms told police that robbers riding a bike were chasing their van.  Police shifted the bodies for autopsies and launched investigation.

Continue Reading

Trending