This decision comes a day after Imran Khan appealed to political stakeholders to initiate "immediate talks" due to the increasing number of party members parting ways.


Lahore: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan on Saturday established a seven-member committee to engage in discussions with the government led by the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM).
This decision comes a day after Imran Khan appealed to political stakeholders to initiate "immediate talks" due to the increasing number of party members parting ways.
The committee includes Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Parvez Khattak, Asad Qaisar, Haleem Adil Sheikh, Aon Abbas Buppi, Murad Saeed, and Hammad Azhar. Some of the leaders mentioned are currently in jail, evading arrests, or facing speculations about leaving the party amidst the ongoing mass exodus from the PTI.
During a conversation with a group of journalists, Imran Khan stated, "If I am disqualified, Shah Mehmood Qureshi will lead the party." He expressed his anticipation of upcoming surprises, emphasizing that change is imminent. Imran Khan mentioned that young individuals would be given electoral tickets, and he expressed confidence in the PTI's victory in the elections. He further suggested conducting a referendum to demonstrate public support.
Addressing concerns about his potential arrest, Imran Khan assured that if he were detained, PTI leaders such as Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Parvez Khattak, and others would handle party affairs. He clarified that he did not have any conflicts with the military and denied allegations of inciting violence against national buildings.
Imran Khan acknowledged that some party members had been compelled to leave, while others had revealed their true intentions. He vehemently denied instructing any party activists to engage in vandalism and expressed his commitment to peaceful approaches.
Regarding the government's response to talks, PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif ruled out the possibility of talks with Imran Khan and his party. He said there was no chance of talks with the "terrorists".
Information Minister Marriyum Aurangzeb also dismissed the possibility, stating that negotiations could not be held with those who attacked the state. Aurangzeb accused Imran Khan of seeking a National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) rather than genuine dialogue.

US President Trump cancels visit to India
- 8 hours ago

Kobo replaces Pocket with Instapaper on its e-readers in a free update
- an hour ago

FIA arrests human smuggler with 6 Afghan nationals in Quetta
- 12 hours ago
KP to install panic buttons to combat harassment of women
- 12 hours ago

Patriots releasing veteran S Peppers, source says
- 18 minutes ago

Anthropic will start training its AI models on chat transcripts
- an hour ago

FBR issues new rules for online businesses
- 9 hours ago
Trump hints at further delay in TikTok’s sale deadline
- 9 hours ago

Karachi imposes complete ban on heavy traffic for 11th, 12th Rabi-ul-Awwal
- 9 hours ago
Three dead as protesters set fire to council building in Indonesia
- 11 hours ago

NCAA, Venmo partner on college athlete abuse
- 18 minutes ago
PM Shehbaz arrives in Tianjin, China, for official visit
- 12 hours ago