The fire had been brought under control, fire officials said, adding that 36 vehicles and 154 people had been dispatched to the site and were carrying out rescue work.


Sanhe: A suspected gas leak caused a blast at a restaurant in China's northern province of Hebei that ripped facades from buildings, damaged cars and scattered debris to kill two people and injure 26, state media and authorities said on Wednesday.
The blast happened at about 8:00am in the county of Sanhe, state broadcaster CCTV News said, roughly 80 km (50 miles) from the center of Beijing, the capital, where key annual parliament sessions had just concluded.
Videos on social media platform Weibo showed a large orange fireball over the site, followed by billows of grey smoke, and scenes of the destroyed frontage of buildings, mangled cars, with glass shards in the streets, and some objects still ablaze.
A suspected gas leak triggered the accident in a shop selling fried chicken in the town of Yanjiao, city emergency officials said in a statement, drawing rescuers, firefighters, health and other officials to the scene.
"I was at home when I heard a loud blast, I initially thought it might be a gunshot," said Zhao Li, a middle-aged woman who lives about a kilometer from the blast site.
"The loud explosion was accompanied by a crash of glass and clouds of smoke," said Zhao, adding that police sealed off the street to the site.
The fire had been brought under control, fire officials said in an earlier statement, adding that 36 vehicles and 154 people had been dispatched to the site and were carrying out rescue work.
China's latest deadly gas explosion at an eatery comes after the government issued detailed guidelines, opens new tab last year on the use of gas appliances and cookers to avert safety risks.
SOURCE: REUTERS
Iran calls for release of pilots captured in Qatar during Middle East war
- 2 days ago

Honor’s Robot Phone is better than a gimbal in a phone has any right to be
- 2 days ago
Banned outfit linked to targeted killing of three Lahore cops
- 2 days ago
PSDF, SDA partner to boost skills and jobs for hearing-impaired youth
- 2 days ago

REVOO hosts C35 Series media meetup in Lahore, bringing families, creators and riders together
- 8 hours ago
'No meeting with PTI founder': KP CM rejects Rs6.4bn federal deduction
- 2 days ago

Microsoft’s Clippy-like Mico character is no longer the face of Copilot
- 2 days ago
India's Padikkal hits unbeaten century in first Sri Lanka Test
- 2 days ago
Disney reveals Marvel's new 'X-Men' cast, 'Frozen 3' at D23 fan event
- 2 days ago

Probe into alleged abuse at Lahore's Ghaziabad PS reveals cop's new connection with beggars
- 2 days ago

The fight over Flock and other ALPRs
- 2 days ago

2K launches new studio to build its ‘next blockbuster sports franchise’
- 2 days ago

