The details reveal that the sugar export quota will be allocated to the provinces based on their installed crushing capacity

Islamabad: The federal government set a procedure for exporting 150,000 tonnes of sugar, the sources close to the development said on Saturday.
The details revealed that the sugar export quota would be allocated to the provinces based on their installed crushing capacity.
Under the new plan, Punjab would receive the largest share at 61 percent of the quota, Sindh would be allocated 32 percent, and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa would get 7 percent.
No quota was allocated for Balochistan, said the latest reports.
The sources further stated that the distribution of the sugar export quota will be managed through the cane commissioners of each province.
Additionally, neither the federal nor provincial governments would provide subsidies for sugar export.
The allocation of shares is expected to be finalized within seven days of the notification's issuance.
The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) would update the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the federal cabinet on the sugar export status 15 days after the process begins.
Previously, on June 14, the ECC had granted conditional approval for the export of 150,000 tonnes of sugar.
This approval permits the Ministry of Industry and Production to oversee the export, provided that it does not lead to a price increase in the domestic market. The ECC has stipulated that if domestic sugar prices rise, the export permission will be revoked.

PSL X anthem ‘X Dekho’ unveiled
- 12 hours ago

Why has Cory Booker been talking for 19 straight hours (and counting)?
- 2 hours ago

First Alert’s new smart smoke alarm is meant to be a Google Nest Protect replacement
- 4 hours ago

The self-defeating tragedy of the Trump tariffs
- 2 hours ago

US tariff hikes may slow global growth: Russian central bank
- 12 hours ago

What's going on with Rafael Devers? Putting his historic strikeout streak into context
- 3 hours ago

Yale’s new smart lock can match your Google Nest doorbell
- 4 hours ago

NBA play-in tournament 2025: Schedule, standings, format
- 3 hours ago

Bueckers, Betts, Booker among Wooden finalists
- 3 hours ago

Google discontinues Nest Protect smoke alarm and Nest x Yale door lock
- 4 hours ago

Naqvi briefs PM Shehbaz on security, others issues
- 12 hours ago

Judge dismisses Samsung’s smart ring lawsuit against Oura
- 4 hours ago