Connect with us

Pakistan

PML-Q MNA Chaudhry Salik left PM's chamber in anger

PM had called Chaudhary Salik for meeting while Chaudhary went back home without meeting with the prime minister

Published

on

PML-Q MNA Chaudhry Salik left PM's chamber in anger
GNN Media: Representational Photo

Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q) MNA Chaudhry Salik Hussain on Thursday left the PM's chamber in anger.

According to the details garnered, PM had called Chaudhary Salik for meeting while Chaudhary went back home without meeting with the prime minister.

Chaudhry Salik Hussain waited outside the PM's chamber for a very long time. After waiting for the PM for a long time, he left the chamber without meeting him.

The prime minister's staff kept preventing Chaudhry Salik Hussain from returning.

PM’s staff while explaining the late arrival of PM mentioned that due to extensive meeting with Tariq Bashir Cheema, he became late. Even after receiving the explanation from PM’s staff, Chaudhry Salik Hussain didn’t listen to the staff and left the office in a huff.

On the other hand, Pervez Khattak has criticised PM Imran Khan during the parliamentary party meeting before a key vote on the mini-budget. The harsh words exchanged from the issue of the gas shortage in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

The sources said that Khattak first exchanged words with Energy Minister Hammad Azhar and walked out of the meeting in protest.

The premier sent Ali Zaidi and Murad Saeed to bring Khattak back, but after coming back Pervez Khattak exchanged words with Imran Khan. He also said that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province produced electricity and gas but was still facing a shortage. “It is us who got you elected as prime minister,” he reportedly told Imran Khan.

Pervez Khattak said he and other leaders like him had to face voters and if the technocrats did not change their behaviour, people would not vote for the PTI.

Faisal Waqas

Faisal Waqas is a passionate journalist who has eight years of diversified experience in print, electronic and digital media. He has previously worked with other renowned private TV channels as well as English Newspaper and now associated with GNN as Senior Content Writer. Faisal has graduated from the University of Punjab and earned his M.Phil degree in Mass Communication from Superior University of Lahore.

Pakistan

PM Imran Khan launches Pakistan’s first-ever digital city in Haripur

Pakistan Digital City project will be completed at a cost of Rs1.31 billion

Published by Siddra Sumreen

Published

on

PM Imran Khan launches Pakistan’s first-ever digital city in Haripur

Islamabad: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday performed the groundbreaking ceremony of Pakistan Digital City Special Technology Zone project, the country’s first such venture, during his visit to Huripur.

The prime minister was accompanied by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister Mahmood Khan, federal and provincial ministers.

The Pakistan Digital City project will be completed at a cost of Rs1.31 billion and scattered over 86 kanals of land.

Pakistan Digital City Haripur is a flagship project of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government being launched to provide all facilities to the IT industry in one place.

The project aims to serve as a state-of-the-art facility to enable collaborations and innovation amongst academia, research, industry and planners from within country and abroad.

It will benefit other allied industries like electronics, software houses, mobile phone industry, technology incubators, and computer industry in the province.

Last month, Prime Minister Imran Khan had inaugurated Lahore Technopolis, a special technology zone, to create jobs and boost Pakistan’s tech exports.

Continue Reading

World

UAE: Suspected drone attack triggers blast cum fire, killing 3 including a Pakistani

Police said "small flying objects" were found at both places

Published by Faisal Ali Ghumman

Published

on

UAE: Suspected drone attack triggers blast cum fire, killing 3 including a Pakistani

Abu Dhabi: Three people were killed in a suspected drone attack that set off a blast and a fire in Abu Dhabi on Monday, officials said, as Yemen's rebels announced military operations in the United Arab Emirates.

Two Indians and a Pakistani died as three petrol tanks exploded near the storage facility of oil giant ADNOC, while a fire ignited in a construction area at Abu Dhabi airport.

Police said "small flying objects" were found at both places, suggesting the sort of deliberate attack that is unheard of in the wealthy UAE, a renowned safe haven in the volatile Middle East.

"Preliminary investigations indicate the detection of small flying objects, possibly belonging to drones, that fell in the two areas and may have caused the explosion and fire," police said in a statement, adding that the incidents were under investigation.

Yemen's Huthi rebels did not claim the attacks. But the Huthis military spokesman announced a "military operation" in the UAE, a partner in Yemen's pro-government coalition, in what would be a major escalation in the seven-year war.

Yahya Saree tweeted that the rebels' armed forces had said they would "announce an important military operation in the UAE in the coming hours".

Drone attacks are a hallmark of the Huthis' assaults on Saudi Arabia, the UAE ally which is leading the coalition fighting for Yemen's government in a grinding civil war.

The rebels have previously threatened to target Abu Dhabi and Dubai, the gleaming crown jewels of the UAE which last year opened its first nuclear power plant.

The Huthis' latest statement comes two weeks after they seized a UAE-flagged ship, the Rwabee, off the Yemen coast, and released footage purporting to show military equipment on board.

The UAE said the Rwabee, whose 11 crew are now hostages, was a "civilian cargo vessel" and called the hijacking a "dangerous escalation" in the busy Red Sea shipping route.

The rebels later rejected a UN Security Council demand for the ship's immediate release, saying it was "not carrying... toys for children but weapons for extremists".

SOUCE: AFP

Continue Reading

Regional

Two children killed, another injured in grenade explosion in Swat

The victims were apparently playing with a grenade at the time of the incident

Published by Faisal Ali Ghumman

Published

on

Two children killed, another injured in grenade explosion in Swat

Swat: Two children were killed and other was wounded after a hand-grenade they were playing exploded in Nimaki village of tehsil Habal on Monday, police said.

Police said the two victims were pronounced dead on the spot by paramedics, while the injured was transported to the tehsil headquarters hospital.

Police are probing the incident.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Mahmood Khan expressed his profound grief over the deaths of kids.

He ordered the police to probe the incident and submit report to his office.

Continue Reading

Trending